Terms and Conditions
MSCM Training Ltd will provide you the applicant with educational services in accordance with these terms and conditions:
MSCM Training Ltd
Registered in England Number 5350054 - VAT Number 627 4756 15
Registered Address - Rowan House Hill End Lane, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL4 0RA
MSCM Training Ltd will provide you the applicant with educational services in accordance with these terms & conditions:
Definitions and Interpretation
The following provisions shall have the meanings given to them below:
- “We” or “Us” means MSCM Training Ltd
- “You” means the applicant or prospective applicant or student
- “Course” means a defined period of time on a single course type as described on the MSCM website.
- Each student within MSCM shall be expected to have made themselves familiar with the Terms and Conditions and MSCM Code of Practice, Conduct and Ethics
- Enrolment shall constitute the agreement to abide by the Terms and Conditions and Code of Conduct and acknowledgement of the scope of the school’s authority to act in accordance in the event of any known breach.
- If you have booked the course for another person, these terms and conditions shall be binding on you and the participant and references herein to “you” shall mean or include “the participant”, where appropriate. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that these terms and conditions are brought to the notice of the participant and you shall indemnify MSCM Training Ltd against any loss, damage or liability resulting from your failure to do so.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that details held on our database are up to date and correct as all Course information and certificates will be forwarded to the current details which are held.
Copyright and intellectual property rights
- The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in www.mscm.co.uk and all course materials shall remain the sole and exclusive property of MSCM Training Ltd and/or tutor. All rights reserved.
- All course materials provided are solely for your personal, non-commercial use. It may not be reproduced, copied, quoted, published, referred to, shared, disclosed, used for teaching nor distributed in part nor in full unless the prior written consent of the tutor and MSCM Training Ltd has been obtained.
- The recording of a course (or any part of a course) verbatim, by any visual or audio means is strictly prohibited unless the written approval of MSCM Training Ltd and the tutor has been obtained beforehand.
- Under no circumstances must the skills and techniques learned; documentation and images used and/or distributed; nor tutor advice; guidance or quotes be utilised nor interpreted in any way as part of any other course either identical or similar within a 70-mile geographic radius of this course venue.
MSCM Training Ltd provide quality training and have a policy to treat all students with respect and confidentiality. In the unlikely event that you need to complain about any aspect of the training which you have received from MSCM, you must notify Lynn Vereenooghe, School Principal in writing by RECORDED DELIVERY within 48 hours of the activity giving rise to the complaint having occurred. Lynn should be contacted at the following address: MSCM Training Ltd, PO Box 639, Pinner, Middlesex, HA5 9JD. Students can be assured that any correspondence will be dealt with promptly.
Booking Terms and Conditions
The booking agreement
- Any contract between you and us is subject to these Booking Conditions. The contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- MSCM Training Ltd reserves the right to decline to accept any application for enrolment
- Enrolment will only be confirmed upon receipt of the appropriate remittance.
- All courses must be paid in full (or a deposit paid and an instalment plan set up via standing order) prior to the commencement of the course.
- Payment can be made by the following methods:
- Paid on-line via the website at time of booking
- By Bank Transfer: (Details will be sent when your booking is confirmed)
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Cheque: Payable to “MSCM Training Ltd”
- If paying by instalments, you agree to pay your instalments by standing order promptly each month at an agreed date. MSCM reserve the right to withhold course materials whilst any payment is overdue. If any instalment payments become overdue a £10.00 charge is payable. In the case of persistent late payment, the full balance of the fees shall become due. In the case of none payment of final easy payment plan options and when we have sent you a final reminder for payment, MSCM has the right to exclude you from taking any future exams and you will forfeit your right to complete the courses and obtain any outstanding qualifications. Non-payment of fees may result in legal action.
- MSCM Training Ltd reserves the right to terminate the course (without recompense) for anyone they deem unsuitable for any reason, particularly if their behaviour is unacceptable. See MSCM Code of Practice, Conduct and Ethics.
Warranty and Liability
- You accept that it is your responsibility to verify that the Courses you apply for are suitable for your requirements and that that you have the necessary level of competence and prerequisite qualifications where necessary to be able to achieve the objectives of the Course.
- Except as required by law, MSCM will not be liable for any indirect losses and damages arising in contract, tort (including negligence) and any other reason.
- Except as required by law, MSCM will not be liable for indirect, incidental, special or consequential losses or damages (including loss of anticipated profit or data or for any expenses incurred with joining that Course), howsoever arising, even if it has been advised of such potential loss.
- MSCM has no liability to you or any other person for:
- Health complaints or injuries incurred on the premises and during the course.
- Health complaints or injuries incurred by the recipient during therapy practice away from the premises.
- Health complaints or injuries students may incur during practice away from the premises.
- Students with a condition that requires medical permission or approval before attending the course, must email or post the medical permission to the school no later than 1 week before the course start date. If your tutor deems it a health and safety risk for you to continue on a programme you will forfeit all course fees. if you are in doubt please contact us prior to enrolling onto any programme.
- The student is liable for any reasonable charges or costs incurred by MSCM if any cheque provided by the student is dishonoured or if any standing order made by the student is withdrawn.
- Failure to pay the fees on time may result in the student being excluded from further attendance at the School.
- Students are responsible for the safety of their personal belongings and MSCM Training Ltd does not accept any liability for loss, howsoever caused.
- Students are advised that they are responsible for their own health and well-being and undertake courses and participate in practical training, both giving and receiving treatments, without prejudice and at their own risk.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check with their own insurance provider that they will recognise our courses for insurance purposes. Although all of our courses are accepted for CPD by most professional associations it is not possible for us to keep abreast of the increasing number of associations and insurance companies and their ever-changing criteria. It is the student's responsibility to check with their own association and insurance provider prior to booking on a course.
- MSCM accepts no liability for any adverse physical, medical or other reaction to any product used during a training session unless liability is proved in a Court of Law. Students must notify MSCM in advance of attendance of any allergies or reactions to any products commonly used or likely to be used during alternative and complementary health practices. If such allergic reactions develop during a course then the tutor must be informed immediately.
- MSCM makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide.
- Any natural holistic health care information provided should be regarded as complementary to, not a substitute for, conventional health care.
In the unlikely event of cancellation of a course by MSCM all monies will be refunded in full.
- MSCM are not responsible for any emails that you do not read on time which relate to your course cancellations.
- MSCM cannot guarantee that the same course/workshop will run again.
- We may be able to offer you the choice of an alternative course and, should you wish to transfer, will refund to you any difference in price between the original booking and the alternative course if of a lower value.
- In the case of student cancellation, deposits and part payments of course fees are non-refundable. A minimum of 7 days’ notice is required if you need to transfer to another course. (This will be subject to a £25.00 administration fee.) All late cancellations will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Failure to complete the course shall not entitle you to withhold payment of fees or to receive any refund. Where an instalment payment scheme is in operation, payment will still be required, in accordance with the signed agreement between the student and school.
- Students are liable for the payment of their course fees in full, before the end of that training and regardless of whether they complete the training or not.
- MSCM Training Ltd shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control. Alternative dates for cancelled courses will always be sought but cannot be guaranteed.
The School reserves its rights at all times to make changes to course material, dates and locations of training and examination dates. MSCM will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid changes of this nature. When this is unavoidable MSCM will refund in full all fees paid or transfer students to another rescheduled or alternative course.
– MSCM reserves the right to improve the specification and format of its courses for the benefit of all its students/applicants without notice.
– Tutors may be changed without prior notice in instances of unforeseen circumstances.
– The location and date of the course will be as advised to you at the time of booking. MSCM reserves the right to change the location of the course and will advise students as soon as this change is known.
– MSCM are not responsible for any emails that you do not read on time which relate to your course changes.
When courses become fully booked, we try to arrange supplementary dates in response to demand. If a course is full we will let you know, and automatically put your name on the waiting list, contacting you if a new date is arranged.
Students will be informed of any relevant changes to prices when they book and before they enter into a contract with us as part of our commitment to quality customer service. We reserve the right to change any of the services or facilities or prices described in the promotional literature at any time.
Included in the course fee
Unless otherwise stated in course literature, brochures and website listings, training course costs cover venue, (where appropriate) tuition fees, course notes and refreshments. The cost does not cover travel expenses, any accommodation expenses and food.
Any special request or requirement which is essential to your booking (such as specific wheelchair assistance or special facilities for certain medical conditions) must be made known to us before you book. We will contact our tutors and the request will only become a term of your contract with us if we confirm in writing that the request can be met and your booking proceeds on that basis. Special requests such as larger font notes in course handouts and examination papers or printing of notes on a specific colour of paper can be met but we ask that you make us aware of such requests at least 30 days prior to the commencement of your training course.
Most courses run from 10 – 5 unless stated. Please arrive at 15 minutes early ensuring you meet the required stand of dress and appearance. participants who arrive more than 30 minutes after the course has started may not be allowed to join the class and will forfeit the course fees.
Students studying a modality where case studies are a requirement, such as Massage, Aromatherapy and Reflexology, who do not have insurance in place are required to apply for Student Insurance. Details of suggested insurers are supplied upon booking.
MSCM will not pass nor certify work which is not the students own. Procedures are in place and we will not accept work copied off the internet. Any student that does this will not receive the next units until work is sent in their own words. We have the right to withhold certification and use verbal questions via telephone should we suspect this to be the case.
- MSCM Certificate of Attendance are handed out in class at the end of each session. MSCM diplomas are posted out upon successful completion of the courses and assessments. ITEC certificates are posted out once received by MSCM from ITEC.
- Certificates can be replaced. There is a fee of £25.00 (Incl. VAT) per certificate to cover the cost of reprinting, postage and searching for the student database for information. Payment is made at the time of ordering your certificate.
- ITEC certificates can be replaced at a cost of £35.00 – to be arranged directly with ITEC