Warm Bamboo Massage Therapy is the latest treatment to take the West by storm. Its surge in popularity is down to the effectiveness and appeal of the treatment. Unique, highly beneficial and fun to give as well as receive – no wonder it is so appealing to both the therapists and the clients!
What is warm bamboo massage?
Warm bamboo massage is very versatile – you can apply it to the whole body including the face. It involves the use of warmed bamboo tools of varying lengths and diameter to roll, knead and relax muscles with numerous deep tissue and acupressure techniques. While increasing the circulation and improving lymphatic drainage it eases the sore muscles and promotes relaxation. Furthermore, the skin is left silky, nourished and restored.
It can be carried out on a massage table or seated making it a flexible as well as portable treatment suitable even for mobile therapists. The equipment is light and easy to carry and the bamboo tools are easy to heat up.
Our Bamboo Massage Therapy course has been developed specifically by us and has an edge. It goes beyond a standard Bamboo Massage offering you the opportunity to learn a unique, all-inclusive treatment which promotes circulation, sensory nerve perception, and lymphatic drainage and provides a deep sense of relaxation and well-being.
During the warm bamboo massage course we will cover:
- Properties and uses of Bamboo
- History and development of Bamboo Massage
- Different types of Bamboo Massage
- Piezoelectric and Pyroelectric effects of using Bamboo during massage
- Benefits of Bamboo Massage
- Understanding the different bamboo massage sticks and when and how to use them
- Correct pressure and application
- Learning how to warm the bamboo sticks
- Creating an essential blend to enhance the balancing effect
- Learning to combine the power of touch with the sense of smell, the sound of bamboo tapping and thermo therapy
- Introducing cryo-therapy into the treatment to re-energise the Lymphatic System
- Combining percussion and deep sport massage moves with gliding, gentle effleurage strokes to provide an intensive cardio-vascular work out for the circulatory system.
- Learning a complete full body and face routine for immediate use with clients
- Safety considerations
- Equipment cleansing and care
Bamboo Massage Therapy can be used to treat a variety of chronic pain conditions, including back pain and headaches. An added benefit for you as the practitioner is that using the bamboo sticks helps to reduce stress and strain on your hands and fingers while still allowing for deeply penetrating techniques to underlying layers of tissue using only a minimal amount of physical exertion. This therapy perfectly suits both clinic based and mobile therapists alike. The equipment is light and portable and the bamboo tools are flexible and easy to heat up.
As therapists and clients search for new approaches to massage therapy, bamboo massage may be at the forefront, offering a unique solution: a combination of techniques that not only makes use of a renewable and sustainable resource, but also reconnect us to ancient approaches.
Be one of the few therapists in the UK to offer this hugely beneficial treatment.
Who Can Attend?
Open to bodywork therapists.
Recognition by Professional Associations
Widely accepted by most Professional Bodies. If you are not already registered with a Professional Body and would like to do so here are some useful links – ICGT, CtHA, FHT. For stand alone insurance Balens
The Warm Bamboo Massage workshop will be largely practical in content and as a result, you will need appropriate clinic workwear for the duration of the course. Bamboo sticks and heating equipment will be available for use in class. This is very much a hands-on day allowing sufficient time to practice and perform the techniques under the guidance of the tutor. During the course you will partner up with another therapist and will get the chance to perform the techniques taught as well as being the recipient. This is because understanding what the technique should feel like is an invaluable tool for you as a therapist.
Duration: 1 day
Course fees include the following:
- All class tuition
- A comprehensive course manual
- An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
- 5 cpd points
You may also find the following workshop very beneficial:
December 2021 - Saturday 11th December - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £97.50 (+VAT)
October 2022 - Sunday - 2nd October - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £97.50 (+VAT)