This one day workshop is for anyone already making, or planning to make, products of any type that are used on the skin, e.g. soaps, perfumes, creams, ointments, balms, etc. Whatever the scale of your intended or current business in the UK – whether you are a hobbyist, a ‘crafter’ or an industrial scale producer – you are legally bound to comply with European Union (EU) cosmetics legislation.
As you may be aware, on the 11th of July 2013 new legal requirements – EU Regulations EC No 1223/2009 (Previously EU Cosmetics Directive) – came into force.
Reading and trying to understand technical jargon of the legislative documents may be a daunting prospect. This is why we have designed this workshop to help you understand the current legal requirements and lead you step-by-step through the compulsory procedures. The last thing we wish is for you to give up your dream just because of the new regulations.
Trust us – it is not a rocket science!
It is perfectly do-able and not as difficult as you think!
We will cover:
- Step-by-step guide to understanding the regulations
- Sections of the new regulations: Articles and annexes
- The definition of the term ‘cosmetic’ – which products does the law apply to?
- Responsible person and/or distributor and their obligations
- Product testing and safety assessment
- Material Data Safety Sheets (MSDS)
- Product information file (PIF) – records keeping
- On-line Product Notification Process (CPNP) – formulations, restricted and prohibited substances, allowed colorants, preservatives, UV-filters, substances classified as carcinogenic, mutagenic or toxic for reproduction, etc)
- International Fragrance Association’s (IFRA) standards for the use of fragrances and/or essential oils
- Animal testing
- Labelling requirements including list of ingredients and allergens, warnings, ‘best before’ dates, etc
- Claims of efficacy
- Other aspects
- Helpful templates
Who Can Attend
Open to all. Useful for anyone starting a business selling natural products. This specially designed workshop is a ‘must’ for all product makers. It will help you to overcome legal obstacles and enable you to move forward with confidence, knowledge and understanding of your obligations within the law.
Course fees include:
~ All class tuition
~ Extensive course manual
~ MSCM Certificate of attendance
~ 5 CPD points
Course DatesPlease note - all deposits and course fees are non-refundable.
All transfers are at the discretion of the school and would be subject to an administrative charge of £25.00 (+VAT)
September 2019 - Saturday ~ 10pm - 5pm
Cost: £95.00 (+VAT)