A Reflexology Course with a difference that will, without doubt, offer you wonderful new career options.
Imagine how great you would feel waking up every day, eager to do the work that you really love! Working as a professional reflexologist can be a wonderfully rewarding career. Not only will you be able to help others in a natural way, but you will also be in charge of your own career.
Opportunities for Reflexologists are opening up at a rapid rate, and whilst the traditional route of self-employment is still the norm for most Reflexologists, more and more are finding part and full time employment. Reflexologists are not only working within complementary health clinics, sports facilities, care homes, clinics, gyms, health spas and even on luxury liners, but some NHS hospitals and hospices also employ reflexologists to provide treatments for patients. Furthermore, these days more companies are offering opportunities for reflexologists to provide treatments in the workplace for busy professionals.
To sum up, the sky is the limit for you if you are a caring, helpful professional. Certainly, the secret to success is the amount of energy and enthusiasm you put into your business as this directly impacts on the quality of your work and client satisfaction.
The benefits of becoming a Reflexologist are that you can choose where and when you work, not only fitting your career around your lifestyle but also enabling you to live your life on your own terms. Certainly, very few careers can provide such freedom and flexibility.
What makes the MSCM Ultimate Reflexology course so special?
This reflexology course is like no other!!! Above all, it is a one-stop shop for anyone wanting to ‘get on with it’. Not only is it a fun-packed, fast track, intensive course, which attracts like-minded people but also there are no hidden costs! Furthermore, everything is included in the cost of the course, and by that, we mean everything! For instance, your uniform, your chair and even the pens and pencils! In addition, all the exam fees are included. All you need to sort out is your student insurance (details will be provided) and a pair of black shoes!
Just think! – You will have none of the hassle other students have sourcing a chair and shopping around for equipment and uniforms because all of that is taken care for you. All you have to do is turn up!
You don’t even have to pay for it upfront!- a monthly interest-free instalment plan is available to all students.
Unlike many courses in complementary and alternative healthcare, such as Osteopathy, Homeopathy, Acupuncture and Chiropractic, the Ultimate Reflexology course is affordable and you can be qualified and working professionally in as little as a year.
What will you receive?
Portable Reflexology Chair
Easy to use portable chair – it takes less than 30 seconds to erect and fold up.
Compact design – it fits into the back of the smallest hatch back car.
Easy to carry – Extremely light in weight
Carry Bag with shoulder strap:
A slip on nylon carry bag for protection and easy transportation of your chair
All the items you need to dress your chair during a treatment
- Stretch Towelling Couch Cover
- Towel – for covering your client during treatment
- Pillows – for support and comfort
- Waffle blanket – for warmth
- Paper Couch Roll – to cover the chair for hygiene
- Antibacterial Wipes – for hand cleansing before, during and after treatments
- Bottle of Carrier Oil – the oil you will use during the treatment
All the basic items you need to wear for a Reflexology treatment. (You will need to purchase black shoes and black socks)
- MSCM Polo Shirt
- Navy Clinic Trousers
- ITEC Student Badge
- Recommended Course Text books
- On line Anatomy and Physiology Revison Resources
- MSCM Reflexology Therapy manual
- MSCM reflexology routine laminated crib card
- On line Business Courses
- Coloured Pencils
- MSCM pen
A winning combination of training programmes enables you not only to attain the necessary professional qualifications but providing you with the necessary skills and knowledge to successfully create a new career as a Reflexologist
The course includes the following 5 ITEC courses:
- Anatomy and Physiology ITEC Course
- Reflexology ITEC Diploma Course
- ITEC Business Modules – 2 Courses
- ITEC Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Complementary Therapies and Sports Massage
In addition this unique course will guide you effortlessly through supplementary aspects such as:
- Hand Reflexology
BONUS FREE OF CHARGE
Your own page on our MSCM ‘Find a Therapist Directory’
to all those attending the Ultimate Reflexology Course (from 2022)
During the course we will cover:
Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
Understanding your learning style
Introduction to the human body
Medical terminology, cytology & histology
Anatomy & physiology of the following systems:
- Integumental Systems and Body Cavities: Cells, tissues, membranes, skin.
- Skeletal System: The framework of the body.
- Muscular System: Movement and strength
- Nervous System: This is the computer; it is an electrical communication system receiving and giving out information. It is divided into two parts: the central nervous system (CNS), the brain and the spinal cord, and the peripheral nervous system which is made up of all the nerves in the body.
- Endocrine System: The glandular system. It uses chemical messengers to carry instructions around the body. The health of the body depends on a correct hormonal balance.
- Circulatory System: This is made up of the heart, blood vessels and the blood circulating around the body.
- Lymphatic and Immunity System: This system consists of a fluid, lymph and vessels that convey lymph. Structures and organs all contain lymphatic tissue, but the central nervous system, bones, and cartilage do not.
- Urinary System: This gets rid of the waste fluid from the blood and maintains the liquid balance of the body.
- Digestive System: This is responsible for changing the food into substances that can be used by the cells of the body.
- Respiratory System: All cells need oxygen for life. The respiratory system takes oxygen into the lungs and gives out carbon dioxide. It works in close conjunction with the heart.
- Reproduction System: Responsible for the continuation of the species.
Basic pathology of each system
Learning & examination techniques
- Introduction to Reflexology & history
- Current theories & concepts techniques
- Philosophy of complementary medicine
- Holistic approach
- Zone therapy and Zones of the body
- Case history taking
- Reactions to treatments
- Chart interpretation
- Structure, disorders & conditions of the feet
- Reading the feet: hand reflexology
- Preparation of work area
- Patient care
- Patient consultation
- Principles & order of treatments
- Interpretation of foot conditions & reflexes
- Treatment assessment & recording
- Listening skills
- Patient /therapist relationship
- Integral biology
- Disorders & reflexes
- Supervised clinical practice
- Other complementary therapies
- Professional associations
- Business Module
- Points of professionalism & ethics
- Working relationships:Working with other therapists – support networks working with the medical profession
- Understanding contra-indications
- Advertising, sales and marketing
- Employment law
- Consultation & client confidentiality
- First aid
- Statutary regulations & work acts
- Data protection act
- Presentation skills
- Client record keeping
- Continuing professional development
- Code of ethics
- Clinic planning and design
- Accounts, VAT and pricing policy
You will also receive so much more on the Ultimate Course!
…..In addition to all the training outlined above and all the equipment and supplies you will also receive the following……
Opportunity to experience reflexology in class from an MSCM tutor
As a student on the ULTIMATE Course you will enjoy the unique opportunity to experience application of reflexology techniques from one of the MSCM teaching team. This will allow you to experience first-hand how reflexology should feel and how it should be conducted.
Use of a wide selection of learning aids, including anatomical models, charts, instructional videos and laminated fact sheets
As a student on the Ultimate Course, you will also be able to benefit from our extensive selection of learning aids. We have a wide range of anatomical models, featuring all systems of the body and a huge choice of charts and laminated information sheets.
Full mentoring support from experienced MSCM tutors
Behind the scenes we have a number of dedicated tutors, who have a vast wealth of theoretical and practical experience. If you are struggling with your course, need to advice or are worried about a problem, you will be welcome to discuss your issue with one of our tutors between college sessions. This mentoring service will be available throughout the duration of your course.
Informal study sessions
Through many years of experience, we have observed the enormous benefits of study groups. These are set-up and encouraged from the start of the course and for many students are the most effective way of learning.
Preparation for Examinations:
In addition to the support you will receive from your tutor you will have full access to the MSCM online revision resources. Packed with practice multiple choice question papers, quizzes, word searches, etc it will help you prepare thoroughly for examinations.
We will also spend an entire day devoted to Hand Reflexology. This useful skill will add to your toolbox as a Reflexologist.
If you`re serious about getting your dream job, this MSCM Ultimate Reflexology course can help make it happen! Delivered by dedicated and experienced teaching staff, this course prepares you to become a successful practicing therapist.
As you choose reflexology as your new career, or as an extra source of income, getting the best education is vital to your success.
At MSCM we are fully committed to helping you achieve your personal best through:
- Experiential learning
- Accelerated learning
- Personal development
- Professional development
- An excellent education.
With the right balance of the art, the science, and the business of reflexology, we can give you the tools you need to find the success you desire while you provide a quality treatment to your clients.
The course content exceeds standards set by national certification and teaches the art and science of reflexology, together with anatomy and physiology, while also teaching sound business practices which prepare you for success in the marketplace.
In addition, you will be provided with everything you need to complete the course, from the reflexology chair to all the books. (We even supply you with your pens and paper!)
Who Can Attend?
There is no special entry requirement for this course and it is therefore assumed that you will have no prior knowledge of the subject. You must be 18 years of age to attend but there is no upper age limit! All you need is a desire to help others and a keenness to learn.
If this reflexology course is your first experience of studying or exams, or if it is a long time since you were in a ‘classroom’, don`t worry! Our teaching approach is flexible and supportive, due to our aim to help each of you study and practise in the way that works best for you.
All practical classes are designed so that you receive a high level of personal attention. Practical training will be in the form of tutor demonstrations and individual tuition. Therefore you will have ample time to practice whilst in class and at home between course dates.
Regular tests will build your examination confidence; as well as handouts, visual material and tutorials back up all group exercises, quizzes and lectures.
In addition, our exceptionally high rate of exam success reflects the fact that we teach up to and beyond ITEC requirements.
Our approach of using only practising therapists as tutors results in you benefiting from their vast wealth of theoretical and practical experience, which they are keen to share in a learning environment that is relaxed, fun and informative. We use modern learning techniques to enhance learning and increase retention.
During the course we will prepare you for your final examinations and will conclude the course with a mock examination from which we will be able to offer you guidance. After that, upon satisfactory completion of this mock examination, you will be eligible to sit the ITEC Level 3 QCF Diploma in Reflexology for the complementary therapist practical examination (Unit iUCT32). Your technical skills and treatment techniques will be assessed via a practical examination with an external ITEC examiner. Documentary evidence of case studies/treatments will also be required – 100 reflexology treatments to be performed on a minimum of 15 clients. Specifically, these must include 40 case studies – 10 clients treated a minimum of 4 times each plus evidence of an additional 60 treatments.
Exam fees are all included in the cost of the course but you will still need to register. Do this after you have started the course and have discussed with your tutor – book your place for the following (do not send payment) here –
To achieve an ITEC Level 3 RQF Diploma in Reflexology for the Complementary Therapist, you must pass (or hold) all of the following elements:
- Provide Reflexology for Complementary Therapies – Unit iUCT32
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology for complementary therapies – Unit iCT3C6
- Principles and Practice of Complementary Therapies – Unit iUCT21
- Business Practice for Complementary Therapies – Unit iUCT34
Once qualified, you will be awarded an ITEC Level 3 RQF Diploma in Reflexology – this is a fully accredited, Level 3 diploma linked to National Occupational Standards. ITEC qualifications are recognised nationally and internationally – UK, Ireland, Australia, Greece, South East Asia but to name a few.
The ITEC Level 3 RQF Diploma in Reflexology also enables you to apply for membership of the National Register for Complementary Therapists maintained by the CNHC.
Successful completion of this diploma course will also provide you with the title of “Reflexologist”, and the knowledge and techniques needed to give a treatment. Practitioner professional liability insurance is also available upon successful completion of the course.
In addition you will receive the MSCM ‘Certificate of Excellence’ in Reflexology
This is a unique award for successful students on the Ultimate course who have, not only demonstrated a high level of professionalism and commitment throughout the duration of the course but also excelled in all areas of their studies.
Following qualification you will be able to:
- Legitimately make use of the title Reflexologist
- Obtain professional indemnity insurance, as a result you will be able to practice openly and legally anywhere in the UK
- Become a full member of several professional associations, such as ICGT, APNT or CtHA
- Work your own hours, for instance working from home
- Set up a mobile practice where you visit the client, thus working within a smaller budget
- Work abroad and at the same time see the world!
- Work in Clinics, Health Clubs, Hospices, Beauty Salons, Leisure Centres, Sports Clubs, Corporate Offices, Workplaces, Hotels, Cruise Liners, offer a mobile service, as well as open your own practice
- Use your ITEC and MSCM qualifications as a guarantee to employers and clients that you have had a very intense and all-encompassing training
- Supplement your full time income by working part time while you build up your business
- Do a worthwhile job you love that also enhances the wellbeing of others
- Go on to study further therapies such as Massage, Maternity Reflexology, Oncology Reflexology, Indian Head Massage and many more
- Develop your Continual Professional Development (CPD) portfolio, therefore building your skill set
Recognition by Professional Associations
The ITEC Diploma in Reflexology –RQF Level 3 is one of the best recognised complementary therapy qualifications in the UK. Furthermore, it is recognised across a range of countries.
Certainly, it is widely accepted by most Professional Bodies including:
Course fees include:
- Interest Free Instalment plan to suit your budget
- 18 days in class tuition (10am-5pm).
- 5 ITEC courses rolled into one including
- Anatomy,Physiology and Pathology (in class)
- Reflexology Training (in class)
- Business Modules – (two on-line courses)
- ITEC Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Complementary Therapies and Sports Massage on line course (online)
- Hand Reflexology Day
- A complete set of course manuals
- A complete set of course text books
- Online revision resources
- Portable treatment chair & carry bag
- Chair accessories
- Reflexology accessories
- Clinic wear
- Course stationery
- Mock examination fees
- Marking of course assignments
- ITEC examination fees
- Exam registration
- Issue of ITEC Diploma certificate
- Issue of MSCM Certificate of Excellence in Reflexology
- Postage of certificates by Registered Post
After many years experience providing professional training in the field of Complementary Medicine, we know that for your future success as a complementary therapist you must choose the course that is right for you!
We love what we do and likewise we are proud of the quality of our training and would love you to visit us teaching any of our courses. By doing this, you will be able to talk with the staff and tutors, as well as observe the quantity and quality of the facilities available for your education. Certainly, one of the best things you can do is to talk to past or present students, ask them what they think about the school and the course you are considering.
Without doubt, being an informed consumer can make a significant difference in the kind, quality, and extent of the education you obtain. It can also make the difference in attaining the level of success you desire.
If you would like to look at other options please read the following article – First Steps To Becoming A Therapist
If you would like to visit us for a free taster in Reflexology please book here – Free Reflexology Taster
Finally, if you would like to come and meet us for an informal chat or visit a class please call 0208-429-2895.
Tutors: Anita Snowball and Lucy Bush– see our MSCM Tutor Page
To book a place on any of our courses please remember to create an account first (if you haven’t already got one.)
Create account here
If you already have an account please remember to log-in first
February 2022 - October 2022 - 18 Fridays - Starting 4th February - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £1,950.00 (+VAT)
May 2022 - February 2023 - 18 weekend days - Starting 7th May - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £1,950.00 (+VAT)
October 2022 - September 2023 - 18 weekend days - Starting 15th October - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £1,950.00 (+VAT)