Imagine how great you would feel waking up every day, eager to do the work that you really love! Working as a professional reflexologist can be a wonderfully rewarding career. Not only will you be able to help others in a natural way, but you will also be in charge of your own career.
Opportunities for Reflexologists are opening up at a rapid rate, and whilst the traditional route of self-employment is still the norm for most Reflexologists, more and more are finding part and full time employment. Reflexologists are working within complementary health clinics, sports facilities, care homes, clinics, gyms, health spas and even on luxury liners. Some NHS hospitals and hospices also employ reflexologists to provide treatments for patients. More and more companies are offering opportunities for reflexologists to provide treatments in the workplace for busy professionals. The sky is the limit for you if you are a caring, helpful professional. The secret to success is the amount of energy and enthusiasm you put into your business as this directly impacts on the quality of your work and client satisfaction.
The benefits of becoming a Reflexologist are that you can choose where and when you work, fitting your career around your lifestyle and enabling you to live your life on your own terms. Very few careers can provide such freedom and flexibility.
What makes the MSCM Ultimate Reflexology course so special?
This course is like no other!!! Offered just once a year, it is a one-stop shop for anyone wanting to ‘get on with it’. It offers you all the necessary training leading to your professional qualification, all the equipment, books and learning material plus all exam fees are included. It also offers extra support and training beyond the required syllabus to enable you to excel and prepare for life as a professional reflexologist.
There are no hidden costs – everything is included in this course, right down to your uniform, your reflexology chair and even the pens and pencils! All you need to sort out is your student insurance (details will be provided) and a pair of black shoes! You will have none of the hassle other students have sourcing a chair and shopping around for equipment and uniforms. All of that is taken care for you. All you have to do is turn up!
Unlike many courses in complementary and alternative healthcare, such as Osteopathy, Homeopathy, Acupuncture and Chiropractic, the Ultimate Reflexology course is affordable and you can be qualified and working professionally in as little as a year.
What will you receive?
Portable Reflexology Chair
Easy to use portable chair – it takes less than 30 seconds to erect and fold up.
Compact design – it fits into the back of the smallest hatch back car.
Easy to carry – Extremely light in weight
Carry Bag with shoulder strap:
A slip on nylon carry bag for protection and easy transportation of your chair
All the items you need to dress your chair during a treatment
- Stretch Towelling Couch Cover
- Towel – for covering your client during treatment
- Pillows – for support and comfort
- Waffle blanket – for warmth
- Paper Couch Roll – to cover the chair for hygiene
- Antibacterial Wipes – for hand cleansing before, during and after treatments
- Bottle of Carrier Oil – the oil you will use during the treatment
Clinic Wear – All the basic items you need to wear for a Reflexology treatment. (You will need to purchase black shoes and black socks)
- MSCM Polo Shirt
- Navy Clinic Trousers
- ITEC Student Badge
- Recommended Course Text books
- On line Anatomy and Physiology Course
- Memory stick with extra material, revision aids, exam tips
- MSCM Reflexology Therapy manual
- MSCM reflexology routine laminated crib card
- On line Business Course
~ Coloured Pencils
~ MSCM pen
~ Pencil Case
A winning combination of training programmes enables you not only to attain the necessary professional qualifications but providing you with the necessary skills and knowledge to successfully create a new career as a Reflexologist
The course includes the following ITEC courses:
- Anatomy and Physiology ITEC Course
- Reflexology ITEC Diploma Course
- ITEC Business Modules Course
In addition this unique course will guide you effortlessly through supplementary aspects such as:
- Consultations and Foot Analysis Course
- Hand Reflexology Course
- Marketing Course
On the course we will cover
During the course we will cover:
Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
~ Understanding your learning style
~ Introduction to the human body
~ Medical terminology, cytology & histology
~ Anatomy & physiology of the following systems:
- Integumental Systems and Body Cavities: Cells, tissues, membranes, skin.
- Skeletal System: The framework of the body.
- Muscular System: Movement and strength
- Nervous System: This is the computer; it is an electrical communication system receiving and giving out information. It is divided into two parts: the central nervous system (CNS), the brain and the spinal cord, and the peripheral nervous system which is made up of all the nerves in the body.
- Endocrine System: The glandular system. It uses chemical messengers to carry instructions around the body. The health of the body depends on a correct hormonal balance.
- Circulatory System: This is made up of the heart, blood vessels and the blood circulating around the body.
- Lymphatic and Immunity System: This system consists of a fluid, lymph and vessels that convey lymph. Structures and organs all contain lymphatic tissue, but the central nervous system, bones, and cartilage do not.
- Urinary System: This gets rid of the waste fluid from the blood and maintains the liquid balance of the body.
- Digestive System: This is responsible for changing the food into substances that can be used by the cells of the body.
- Respiratory System: All cells need oxygen for life. The respiratory system takes oxygen into the lungs and gives out carbon dioxide. It works in close conjunction with the heart.
- Reproduction System: Responsible for the continuation of the species.
~ Basic pathology of each system
~ Learning & examination techniques
- Introduction to Reflexology & history
- Current theories & concepts techniques
- Philosophy of complementary medicine
- Holistic approach
- Zone therapy and Zones of the body
- Case history taking
- Reactions to treatments
- Chart interpretation
- Structure, disorders & conditions of the feet
- Reading the feet: hand reflexology
- Preparation of work area
- Patient care
- Patient consultation
- Principles & order of treatments
- Interpretation of foot conditions & reflexes
- Treatment assessment & recording
- Listening skills
- Patient /therapist relationship
- Integral biology
- Disorders & reflexes
- Supervised clinical practice
- Other complementary therapies
- Professional associations
- Business Module
- Points of professionalism & ethics
- Working relationships:Working with other therapists – support networks working with the medical profession
- Understanding contra-indications
- Advertising, sales and marketing
- Employment law
- Consultation & client confidentiality
- First aid
- Statutary regulations & work acts
- Data protection act
- Presentation skills
- Client record keeping
- Continuing professional development
- Code of ethics
- Clinic planning and design
- Accounts, VAT and pricing policy
You will also receive so much more on the Ultimate Course!.….In addition to all the training outlined above and all the equipment and supplies you will also receive the following……
Opportunity to experience reflexology in class from an MSCM tutor
As a student on the ULTIMATE Course you will enjoy the unique opportunity to experience application of reflexology techniques from one of the MSCM teaching team. This will allow you to experience first-hand how reflexology should feel and how it should be conducted.
Use of a wide selection of learning aids, including anatomical models, charts, instructional videos and laminated fact sheets
As a student on the Ultimate Course, you will also be able to benefit from our extensive selection of learning aids. We have a wide range of anatomical models, featuring all systems of the body and a huge choice of charts and laminated information sheets.
Full mentoring support from experienced MSCM tutors
Behind the scenes we have a number of dedicated tutors, who have a vast wealth of theoretical and practical experience. If you are struggling with your course, need to advice or are worried about a problem, you will be welcome to discuss your issue with one of our tutors between college sessions. This mentoring service will be available throughout the duration of your course.
Informal study sessions
Through many years of experience, we have observed the enormous benefits of study groups. These are set-up and encouraged from the start of the course and for many students are the most effective way of learning.
In addition you will receive a session dedicated to Marketing! It will be invaluable to you when you set up in practice as the marketing advice you receive from us during this course will be the key to your success. We will be covering this in great detail. This special focus on effective marketing is unique to the Ultimate course and to MSCM!
We will spend an entire day devoted to Hand Reflexology. This useful skill will add to your toolbox as a Reflexologist.
Effective Consultations and Foot Analysis Course
Consultations play a far more significant role in reflexology than many people realise as they enable you to understand you client more fully and therefore lead you to offer a much better treatment. When you add Foot Analysis into the mix and tie it in with your consultation it opens up a new world of information.
If you`re serious about getting your dream job, this MSCM Ultimate Reflexology course can help make it happen! Delivered by dedicated and experienced teaching staff, this course prepares you to become a successful practicing bodyworker.
As you choose reflexology as your new career, or as an extra source of income, getting the best education is vital to your success.
At MSCM we are fully committed to helping you achieve your personal best through:
- Experiential learning
- Accelerated learning
- Personal development
- Professional development
- An excellent education.
With the right balance of the art, the science, and the business of reflexology, we can give you the tools you need to find the success you desire while you provide a quality treatment to your clients.
The course content exceeds standards set by national certification and teaches the art and science of reflexology, together with anatomy and physiology, while also teaching sound business practices which prepare you for success in the marketplace.
In addition, you will be provided with everything you need to complete the course, from the reflexology chair to all the books. (We even supply you with your pens and paper!)
Who Can Attend?
There is no special entry requirement for this course and it is assumed that you will have no prior knowledge of the subject. You must be 18 years of age to attend but there is no upper age limit! All you need is a desire to help others and a keenness to learn.
If this course is your first experience of studying or exams, or if it is a long time since you were in a ‘classroom’, don`t worry! Our teaching approach is flexible and supportive, designed to help each of you study and practise in the way that works best for you.
All practical classes are designed so that you receive a high level of personal attention. Practical training will be in the form of tutor demonstrations and individual tuition. There is ample time to practice whilst in class and at home between course dates.
Regular tests will build your examination confidence; handouts, visual material and tutorials back up all group exercises, quizzes and lectures.
Our exceptionally high rate of exam success reflects the fact that we teach up to and beyond ITEC requirements.
Our approach of using only practising therapists as tutors results in you benefiting from their vast wealth of theoretical and practical experience, which they are keen to share in a learning environment that is relaxed, fun and informative. We use modern learning techniques to enhance learning and increase retention.
During the course we will prepare you for your final examinations and will conclude the course with a mock examination from which we will be able to offer you guidance. Upon satisfactory completion of this mock examination, you will be eligible to sit the ITEC Level 3 QCF Diploma in Reflexology practical examination (Unit 381). Your technical skills and treatment techniques will be assessed via a practical examination with an external ITEC examiner. Documentary evidence of case studies/treatments will also be required – 100 reflexology treatments to be performed on a minimum of 15 clients. These must include 40 case studies – 10 clients treated a minimum of 4 times each plus evidence of an additional 60 treatments.
To achieve an ITEC Level 3 QCF Diploma in Reflexology, you must pass (or hold) all of the following elements:
- Unit 381 – Provide Reflexology for Complementary Therapies
- Unit 383 – Knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology for Complementary Therapists
- Unit 384 – Principles and Practice of Complementary Therapies
- Unit 385 – Business Practice for Complementary Therapies.
Once qualified, you will be awarded an ITEC Level 3 QCF Diploma in Reflexology – this is a fully accredited, Level 3 diploma linked to National Occupational Standards. ITEC qualifications are recognised nationally and internationally – UK, Ireland, Australia, Greece, South East Asia but to name a few.
The ITEC Level 3 QCF Diploma in Reflexology also enables you to apply for membership of the There is no special entry requirement for this course and it is assumed that you will have no prior knowledge of the subject. National Register for Complementary Therapists maintained by the CNHC.
Successful completion of this diploma course will also provide you with the title of “Reflexologist”, and the knowledge and techniques needed to give a treatment. Practitioner professional liability insurance is also available upon successful completion of the course.
In addition you will receive the MSCM ‘Certificate of Excellence’ in Reflexology
This is a unique award for successful students on the Ultimate course who have demonstrated a high level of professionalism and commitment throughout the duration of the course and who have excelled in all areas of their studies.
Following qualification you will be able to:
- Use the title Reflexologist
- Obtain professional indemnity insurance enabling you to practice openly and legally anywhere in the UK
- Become a full member of several professional associations, such as IPTI (Independent Professional Therapist International), APNT or CtHA
- Work at home
- Set up a mobile practice where you visit the client
- Work abroad
- Work in Clinics, Health Clubs, Hospices, Beauty Salons, Leisure Centres, Sports Clubs, Corporate Offices, Workplaces, Hotels, Cruise Liners, offer a mobile service, as well as open your own practice
- Use your ITEC and MSCM qualifications as a guarantee to employers and clients that you have had a very intense and all-encompassing training
- Supplement your full time income by working part time while you build up your business
- Do a worthwhile job you love that also enhances the wellbeing of others
- Go on to study further therapies such as Massage, Maternity Reflexology, Oncology Reflexology, Indian Head Massage and many more
- Develop your Continual Professional Development (CPD) portfolio
Recognition by Professional Associations
The ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Massage is one of the best recognised complementary therapy qualifications in the UK and across a range of countries.
It is widely accepted by most Professional Bodies including:
- IPTI (Independent Professional Therapists International)
- CThA (Complementary Therapists Association)
- APNT (Association of Physical and Natural Therapists)
- FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists)
- BCMA (British Complementary Medicine Association)
- CNHC Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
Duration: 19 days in total (9.30am-5pm).
Course fees include:
- All class tuition
- Anatomy and Physiology on-line course
- Business Module On-line course
- Anatomy and Physiology Training
- Reflexology Training
- Marketing Masterclass
- Hand Reflexology Day
- Effective Consultations and Foot Analysis
- A comprehensive course manual
- Required course text books
- Portable treatment chair & carry bag
- Chair accessories
- Reflexology accessories
- Clinic wear
- Course stationery
- Mock examination fees
- Marking of course assignments
- ITEC examination fees
- Exam registration
- Issue of ITEC Diploma certificate
- Issue of MSCM Certificate of Excellence in Reflexology
- Postage of certificates by Registered Post
If you would like to receive a full brochure with details of this course please email us as email@example.com
Course DatesPlease note - all deposits and course fees are non-refundable.
All transfers are at the discretion of the school and would be subject to an administrative charge of £25.00 (+VAT)
May 2020 - February 2021 - 19 weekend days - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £1,650.00 (+VAT)
November 2020 - July 2021 - 19 weekend days - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £1,650.00 (+VAT)