A Massage Course with a difference that will, without doubt, offer you wonderful new career options.
What would it be like to love the work you do and know that you made a positive difference in people’s lives? Becoming a massage therapist is an exciting, fun, and rewarding challenge in which you will experience life changing personal growth while creating a great career for yourself helping and caring for others.
Today, there are more opportunities for massage therapists than ever before, including: Sports Massage, Clinical Massage, Corporate Massage, Private Practice, the Medical Field, Baby and Infant massage, Indian Head Massage, Health Centres, Pregnancy Massage, Spas, Health Clubs and even Cruise Ships. Massage therapy gives you the opportunity to be self-employed with your own massage practice. No matter which field you choose, the possibilities are endless.
Unlike many careers in complementary and alternative healthcare, such as Osteopathy, Homeopathy, Acupuncture and Chiropractic, the tuition is affordable and you can be qualified and working professionally in as little as nine months. A career in massage therapy sets you free from the 9-5 world. You can decide what days and hours you want to schedule clients as well as live your life on your own terms. Without doubt, very few careers can provide such freedom and flexibility
What makes the Ultimate massage course so special?
This massage course is like no other!!! It is a one-stop shop for anyone wanting to ‘get on with it’. Not only is it a fun-packed, fast track, intensive course, which attracts like-minded people but also there are no hidden costs! Furthermore, everything is included in the cost of the course, and by that, we mean everything! Including to your uniform, your couch and even the pens and pencils! All the exam fees are included too. All you need to sort out is your student insurance (details will be provided) and a pair of black shoes!
Just think! – You will have none of the hassle other students have sourcing a couch and shopping around for equipment and uniforms because all of that is taken care for you. All you have to do is turn up!
You don’t even have to pay for it upfront!- a monthly interest-free instalment plan is available to all students.
Unlike many courses in complementary and alternative healthcare, such as Osteopathy, Homeopathy, Acupuncture and Chiropractic, the Ultimate Reflexology course is affordable and you can be qualified and working professionally in as little as a year.
What will you receive?
- Portable Treatment Couch (colour may vary)
Easy to use portable couch – it takes less than 30 seconds to erect and fold up.
Compact design – it fits into the back of the smallest hatch back car.
Easy to carry – as extremely light in weight
Cable Design – due to the steel cable tension system which gives the couch extra stability and no centre leg structure. When weight is applied on top of the couch the cable becomes tight and acts as a stabilising system
Durable & Strong – due to its strong ALUMINIUM frame-all components have been tested for strength and durability. Safety lock support system.
Well upholstered – packed with high density dual layer foam which will not collapse with continuous use.
Rounded corners – therefore less prone to damage
Versatile – can be used in most forms of therapy
Included with the couch:
- Breathing Hole: – For comfort
- Face Cradle
- Adjustable Backrest: – Multiple lifting positions allowing greater versatility for therapists
- Adjustable Height Legs: – Easily adjust the couch height to suit you.
- Side arm supports and front armrest sling
- 1 Year Replacement Guarantee: – Against faulty workmanship and defective materials
- Carry Bag with shoulder strap and pockets: – A slip on nylon carry bag for protection and easy transportation of your couch
All the items you need to dress your couch during a treatment
- Bale of Towels – for covering your client during massage
- Stretch Towelling Couch Cover – with breathing hole
- Paper Couch Roll – to cover the couch for hygiene
All the items you need to carry out a massage treatment
- Washable Slippers for your client – for hygiene when getting off the couch barefoot
- Massage Application Bottle – a useful bottle with a suitable pouring spout
- Massage Holster – to use while doing a treatment
- Antibacterial Wipes – for hand cleansing before, during and after treatments
- Bottle of Massage Oil – the oil you will use during the massage
All the basic items you need to wear for a massage treatment. (You will need to purchase black shoes and black socks)
- MSCM Polo Shirt and Navy Clinic Trousers
- ITEC Student Badge
All the ITEC recommended text books you need to for a study for your exams
- Anatomy book – ‘An Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology’ – by Louise Tucker
- Massage Book – ‘An Introduction to Massage’ – by Louise Tucker
- Business book – ‘An Introductory Guide to Business’ – by John Mann
A selection of study aids to help prepare you for your exams
- MSCM Massage routine laminated crib card
- Anatomy & Physiology manual
- Anatomy and Physiology Online Revision Resources
- Massage Therapy manual
- Coloured Pencils
- MSCM pen
The course includes the following ITEC courses:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Business Modules
- Infection prevention (COVID-19) for complementary therapies and sports massage
This winning combination of training programmes enables you not only to attain the necessary professional qualifications but providing you with the necessary skills and knowledge to successfully create a new career as a Massage Therapist.
BONUS FREE OF CHARGE
Your own page on our MSCM ‘Find a Therapist Directory’
to all those attending the Ultimate Massage Course (from 2022)
During the course we will cover:
Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
Understanding your learning style
Introduction to the human body
Medical terminology, cytology & histology
Anatomy & physiology of the following systems:
- Integumental Systems and Body Cavities: Cells, tissues, membranes, skin.
- Skeletal System: The framework of the body.
- Muscular System: Movement and strength
- Nervous System: This is the computer; it is an electrical communication system receiving and giving out information. It is divided into two parts: the central nervous system (CNS), the brain and the spinal cord, and the peripheral nervous system which is made up of all the nerves in the body.
- Endocrine System: The glandular system. It uses chemical messengers to carry instructions around the body. The health of the body depends on a correct hormonal balance.
- Circulatory System: This is made up of the heart, blood vessels and the blood circulating around the body.
- Lymphatic and Immunity System: This system consists of a fluid, lymph and vessels that convey lymph. Structures and organs all contain lymphatic tissue, but the central nervous system, bones, and cartilage do not.
- Urinary System: This gets rid of the waste fluid from the blood and maintains the liquid balance of the body.
- Digestive System: This is responsible for changing the food into substances that can be used by the cells of the body.
- Respiratory System: All cells need oxygen for life. The respiratory system takes oxygen into the lungs and gives out carbon dioxide. It works in close conjunction with the heart.
- Reproduction System: Responsible for the continuation of the species.
Basic pathology of each system
Learning & examination techniques
- History, theory & philosophy of massage
- Palpatory techniques
- 6 classical massage movements
- Connecting and completing strokes
- A full body massage routine using oils
- Physiological & psychological effects of massage
- Contra-indications to massage
- How to develop a holistic and intuitive approach
- Working with an awareness of pacing, fluidity, continuity and rhythm
- Sensitivity, adaptability and creativity in applying techniques
- Working at a range of depths and pressures
- How to look after yourself and your posture as a therapist
- The use of preparatory exercises to centre and ground yourself
- Carrier oils and their properties
- Appropriate conditions for massage:
- Patient care and modesty
- Towel management and supports
- Consultations & patient note taking
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Awareness of non-verbal signals
- After-care advice
- Self-massage skills for clients
- Relaxation, breathing and stress management
- Holistic approach
- Professionalism & ethics
- Health & safety
- Professional associations
- Basic first aid
- An introduction to other natural therapies
- Points of professionalism & ethics
- Working relationships: Working with other therapists – support networks working with the medical profession
- Understanding contra-indications
- Advertising, sales and marketing
- Employment law
- Consultation & client confidentiality
- First aid
- Statutory regulations & work acts
- Data protection act
- Client record keeping
- Continuing professional development
- Code of ethics
- Clinic planning and design
- Accounts, VAT and pricing policy
You will also receive so much more on the Ultimate Massage Course!…..
In addition to all the training outlined above and all the equipment and supplies you will also receive the following……
◦ Use of a wide selection of learning aids, including anatomical models, charts, instructional videos and laminated fact sheets:
As a student on the Ultimate Course, you will also be able to benefit from our extensive selection of learning aids. We have a wide range of anatomical models, featuring all systems of the body, plus a selection of instructional videos and a huge choice of charts and laminated information sheets.
◦ Full mentoring support from experienced MSCM tutors:
Behind the scenes we have a number of dedicated tutors, who have a vast wealth of theoretical and practical experience. If you are struggling with your course, need to advice or are worried about a problem, you will be welcome to discuss your issue with one of our tutors between college sessions. This mentoring service will be available throughout the duration of your course.
◦ Opportunity to experience massage in class from an MSCM tutor: As a student on the ULTIMATE Course you will enjoy the unique opportunity to experience application of massage techniques from one of the MSCM teaching team. This will allow you to experience first-hand how massage should feel and how it should be conducted.
◦ Time spent on learning muscles!
The washable pens are ready…expect lots of fun as you draw muscles on each other!
◦ Informal study sessions:
Through many years of experience, we have observed the enormous benefits of study groups. These are set-up and encouraged from the start of the course and for many students are the most effective way of learning.
◦ Preparation for Examinations:
In addition to the support you will receive from your tutor you will have full access to the MSCM online revision resources. Packed with practice multiple choice question papers, quizzes, word searches, etc it will help you prepare thoroughly for examinations.
During the course we will also discuss the following:
◦ Career Advice:
There are so many options open to a massage therapist concerning how and where to work. During the course you will be advised of these options and will explore the pro’s and con’s of each to help you determine your future path towards becoming a massage therapist.
◦ Professional Associations and CPD Points:
This area can be a minefield when you are new to the business. We will discuss and demystify the subject of Professional Associations.
If you`re serious about getting your dream job, this MSCM Ultimate Massage course can help make it happen! Delivered by dedicated and experienced teaching staff, this course prepares you to become a successful practicing bodyworker.
As you choose massage therapy as your new career, or as an extra source of income, getting the best education is vital to your success. At MSCM we are committed to helping you achieve your personal best through experiential learning, accelerated learning, personal and professional development, and an excellent education. With the right balance of the art, the science, and the business of massage, we can give you the tools you need to find the success you desire while you provide a quality massage to your clients.
The course content exceeds standards set by national certification and teaches the art and science of massage therapy, together with anatomy and physiology, while also teaching sound business practices which prepare you for success in the marketplace. In addition, you will be provided with everything you need to complete the course, from the treatment couch to all the books. (We even supply you with your pens and paper!)
Who Can Attend
There is no special entry requirement for this massage course and it is assumed that you will have no prior knowledge of the subject. You must be 18 years of age to attend but there is no upper age limit! All you need is a desire to help others and a keenness to learn – Oh yes…..and a sense of humour.
If this massage course is your first experience of studying or exams, or if it is a long time since you were in a ‘classroom’, don`t worry! Our teaching approach is flexible and supportive, designed to help each of you study and practise in the way that works best for you.
All practical classes are designed so that you receive a high level of personal attention. You will learn a range of massage techniques working on couches. Practical training will be in the form of tutor demonstrations and individual tuition. There is ample time to practice whilst in class and at home between course dates.
Regular tests will build your examination confidence; handouts, visual material and tutorials back up all group exercises, quizzes and lectures.
Our high rate of exam success reflects the fact that we teach up to and beyond ITEC requirements.
Our approach of using only practising therapists as tutors results in you benefiting from their vast wealth of theoretical and practical experience, which they are keen to share in a learning environment that is relaxed, fun and informative. We use modern learning techniques to enhance learning and increase retention.
Theory exam: During the course we will guide you through some practice examination papers in preparation for the final exam. Upon satisfactory completion of a mock theory examination taken in class on the last day of the course you will be eligible to sit the ITEC Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology for complementary therapies examination which comprises a Multiple Choice Theory Paper of 50 questions. Students who do not have English as their first language will be granted extra time in the examination.
Practical exam: During the course we will prepare you for your practical examination and will conclude the course with a mock examination from which we will be able to offer you guidance. Upon satisfactory completion of this mock examination, you will be eligible to sit the ITEC Provide body massage for complementary therapies examination which comprises coursework assignments, case studies and a practical examination with an external ITEC examiner.
Exam fees are all included in the cost of the course but you will still need to register. Do this after you have started the course and have discussed with your tutor – book your place for the following (do not send payment) here –
Your qualification will be The ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Massage and to achieve an ITEC Level 3 RQF Diploma in Massage, you must pass all of the following elements:
- Provide body massage for complementary therapies – Unit iCT3D3
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology for complementary therapies – Unit iCT3C6
- Principles and Practice of Complementary Therapies – Unit iUCT21
- Business Practice for Complementary Therapies – Unit iUCT34
Please note: New requirement – Learners who wish to undertake this qualification must also achieve the ITEC Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Complementary Therapies and Sports Massage qualification.
In addition you will receive the MSCM ‘Certificate of Excellence’ in Massage Therapy. This is a unique award for successful students on the Ultimate massage course who have demonstrated a high level of professionalism and commitment throughout the duration of the course and who have excelled in all areas of their studies.
Following qualification you will be able to:
- Use the title of “Massage Therapist”
- Obtain professional indemnity insurance enabling you to practice openly and legally anywhere in the UK
- Become a full member of several professional associations, such as IGCT, FHT or CThA
- Work at home, abroad or set up a mobile practice where you visit the client
- Work in Clinics, Health Clubs, Hospices, Beauty Salons, Leisure Centres, Sports Clubs, Corporate Offices, Workplaces, Hotels, Cruise Liners, Ski Resorts (abroad), offer a mobile service, as well as open your own practice.
- Use your ITEC and MSCM qualifications as a guarantee to employers and clients that you have had a very intense and all encompassing training.
- Supplement your full time income by working part time while you build up your business
- Do a worthwhile job you love that also enhances the wellbeing of others
- Develop your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) portfolio
- further your knowledge. Massage is one of the most useful therapies you can train in as it leads the way to so many more options, such as: aromatherapy, baby massage instructor, oncology massage and pregnancy massage, indian head massage, on-site chair massage and many more.
Recognition by Professional Associations
The ITEC Diploma in Massage –RQF Level 3 is one of the best recognised complementary therapy qualifications in the UK and across a range of countries.
In addition, it is widely accepted by most Professional Bodies including:
- ICGT (International Guild of Therapists)
- CThA (Complementary Therapists Association)
- FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists)
- BCMA (British Complementary Medicine Association)
- CNHC Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
After many years experience providing professional training in the field of Complementary Medicine, we know that for your future success as a complementary therapist you must choose the course that is right for you!
We’re proud of the quality of our training and would love you to visit us teaching any of our courses. By doing this, you will be able to talk with the staff and tutors, as well as observe the quantity and quality of the facilities available for your education. One of the best things you can do is to talk to past or present students, ask them what they think about the school and the course you are considering.
Being an informed consumer can make a significant difference in the kind, quality, and extent of the education you obtain. It can also make the difference in attaining the level of success you desire.
If you would like to come and meet us for an informal chat, attend a taster session or visit a class please call 0208-429-2895.
Course Fees Include:
- Interest free Instalment plan to suit your budget
- 14 days in class tuition
- All class tuition – 5 ITEC courses rolled into one including
- Anatomy,Physiology and Pathology (in class)
- Massage Therapy (in class)
- Business Modules – (two on-line courses)
- ITEC Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Complementary Therapies and Sports Massage on line course (online)
- A full set of course manuals
- All the required course text books
- Portable treatment couch & carry bag
- Couch accessories
- Massage accessories
- Clinic wear
- Learning aids
- Online revision resources
- A complete set of course stationery
- Mock examination fees
- Initial mock examination fees
- Marking of course assignments
- ITEC examination fees
- Exam registration
- Issue of ITEC Diploma certificate
- Issue of MSCM Certificate of Excellence in Massage Therapy
- Postage of certificates by Registered Post
For further details of the Ultimate Massage Course please contact us on 0208-429-2895
Deposit – £100.00 (+VAT) – Payable on booking secures your place.
If you would like to look at other options please read the following article – First Steps To Becoming A Therapist
If you would like to visit us for a free taster in Massage please book here – Free Massage Taster
Tutor: Anita Snowball – see our MSCM Tutor Page
To book a place on any of our courses please remember to create an account first (if you haven’t already got one.)
Create account here
If you already have an account please remember to log-in first
February 2022 - September 2022 - 14 Fridays - Starting 4th February - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £1,650.00 (+VAT)
May 2022 - January 2023 - 14 weekend days - Starting 7th May - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £1,650.00 (+VAT)
October 2022 - June 2023 - 14 weekend days - Starting 15th October - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £1,650.00 (+VAT)