Handmade soap is truly unique and beautiful. Rich in natural glycerine, it is much better for the skin and if made properly, should not be too drying on the skin. As people become more and more conscious of what they use on their body and are looking to protect themselves from harsh chemicals and artificial fragrances, the natural skin care and natural soap making industry has grown. Handmade soap as a product and soap making as a craft has increased in the last few years. For the soapaholics, it is very addictive to make.
Handmade soaps come in so many different types and recipes that the possibilities are endless. For most people though, soap making is still something of a mystery. With our step-by-step practical and hands on course you will learn the secrets of the natural skin care industry and discover how to make beautiful moisturising soaps using all natural ingredients.
This special soap making course is the first step to enable you to consider starting your own profitable soap making business, make natural soaps tailored to yourself, your family, and your friends, create your own unique and beautiful handmade gifts or maybe just learn a new, enjoyable and rewarding hobby.
During this special 1 day course you will learn about
- The many types of soaps
- History of soap making
- The process of soap making – saponification – what`s it all about?
- Necessary materials, ingredients and equipment
- `Cold` method, hand milled soaps, glycerine soap – what they are and pros and cons
- Raw ingredients – choosing oils for hardiness, lather and conditioning
- Useful essential oils and all important ratios – how much to add?
- Health and Safety Aspects
- Trouble shooting during the soap making process
- The moulds – the good, the bad and those `on a shoestring` – what to look for and what to avoid
- Soap making ideas and recipes
- Choosing commercial melt and pour soap bases avoiding unwanted, harsh chemicals
- Correct storage for different types of soap
- Information about what to study next in order to turn your soap making into a business.
- Melt and pour soaps
- Rarely taught so called `cold` process – traditional methods of making soap from raw ingredients
Who can attend?
Open to anyone – ideal for aromatherapists. Our Soap Making Course is suitable for complete beginners and for those wishing to expand their skills. There is no prior experience required just a willingness to experience the joy of creating your own soaps from scratch.
This is a practical course and you will be making a selection of soaps yourself. You will learn hands on under supervision in small friendly groups. A full workshop handout, including recipe sheets, main ingredients and moulds will be provided, along with a wealth of information as well as the lovely products you have made for you to enjoy and take home.
Please note: You will be required to bring some items of equipment to class, details of which will be sent with the joining details upon booking. Please closely follow the guidelines and start gathering the equipment straight away allowing enough time to collect the necessary items.
Duration: 1 day
Course fees include:
~ Ingredients and moulds for use during the course
~ All class tuition
~ A comprehensive course manual
~ An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
June 2021 - Sunday - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £95.00 (+VAT)
January 2022 - Saturday - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £95.00 (+VAT)