Would you like to add another string to your bow and run workshops to supplement your therapy income? Running workshops can be a great way to earn extra money, raise your profile and meet new clients. You can teach Partners Massage, Introduction to Reflexology or using Essential Oils around the home, to name but three. These and many more are very popular with non-therapists. They are also a lot of fun and creating your own successful event is extremely fulfilling.
As a therapist, chances are you have already realised how much extra income you can generate and have been thinking about teaching a workshop. After all your training in your chosen therapies you already have what it takes to successfully run workshops.
Is something holding you back?
• Do you get butterflies in your stomach just at the thought of preparing for a workshop?
• Is this your first workshop or would you like to make your workshop presentation more dynamic?
• Are you undecided about a workshop topic or title?
• Are you planning a workshop but not sure how to pull it together?
• Are you unsure you can stay within the time frame allotted?
• Or maybe nervous about losing your place or forgetting your material?
Once you’ve decided to run a workshop, what you need now is a foolproof way of making it both memorable and enjoyable to run – and to know that what you are doing will achieve the desired outcome and have lasting positive effects on those attending. Anyone who has ever endured `death by powerpoint` or a dry `chalk and talk` session knows how not to do it, but how do you make sure that you get it right?
Running dynamic workshops that are exciting and fun doesn`t have to be a daunting prospect….
This interactive masterclass is designed especially for practitioners – people whose main role is as a therapist, such as massage or reflexology, not training – and will take you through a simple step-by-step process that results in stimulating, fun and effective workshops and presentations.
Just some of the many scenarios the day will help you tackle include:
- The key steps to take to create, run and profit from your first workshop
- How to put together training session from scratch
- You`re dreading the experience of being `up the front` – here’s how to shift the onus from you to your participants
- How to be remembered for the right reasons!
- The principles and ground rules which underpin effective workshops
- Who, what, why and where?
- Your natural style Session subject and outcomes
- What type of session?
- Managing energy and pace
- Your participants
- Location, location, location
- Information v. learning
- Using appropriate music
- Building a great session: –
- Introduction and welcome
- Warm-up activities/ice-breakers
- Strong framework
- Structure and flow
- the title
- Tricks of the trade
- Strong finish
- Setting the scene on the day
- Follow through
- Teaching Materials
- Make sure that your target market needs and wants your workshop.
- Be able to reach your target market
- The biggest lessons we`ve learned (the hard way) that will help smooth your ride
At MSCM we have over 20 years experience of successfully running workshops and this is a masterclass that ‘walks the talk’- it presents what you need to know in an engaging, interesting, effective and quick way – exactly how you will be presenting in your own workshops when you have done this one.
Put it into practice and the sky’s the limit. How much you earn is upto you. Successful workshops are a golden opportunity to boost your business. Surprisingly, very few therapists try their hand at his lucrative income generating opportunity. Those who do, never look back! Why not join them? ….go on I dare you!
Who can attend?
Open to any therapists interested in earning more money through workshops.
Recognition by Professional Associations
Widely accepted by most Professional Bodies. If you are not already registered with a Professional Body and would like to do so here are some useful links – ICGT, APNT , CtHA, FHT. For stand alone insurance Balens
The workshop will be largely practical in content and you will be required to wear appropriate clinic workwear for the duration of the course. During the session you will practise on each other under the supervision of the tutor who will offer guidance and feedback.
Duration: 1 day
Course fees include:
- All class tuition
- A comprehensive course manual
- An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
- 5 cpd points