Pregnancy is a wonderful time for most women, but during the 40 weeks there are many changes occurring, both externally and internally. Although it is a joyful experience it can also be a challenging and stressful time. The mother`s body is changing quickly to meet the needs of the growing child. This is a time when she starts to think more about her health and getting fit and well. This is where the Complementary Health Practitioner comes into action!
This course will give you the knowledge and confidence to work with this client group. You will develop a good understanding of the anatomy of pregnancy and the changes occurring. As a result of this knowledge you can then adapt your reflexology accordingly.
This course is a two day attendance course supported by an online module. The on line section will be completed as a pre-read then reviewed in class.
Anatomy and Physiology Review: – This on line module will guide you through the changes that occur to our clients’ body during pregnancy.
In the on-line module we will be reviewing :
- The structure and function of the relevant anatomical systems. : Skin : Endocrine : Digestive : Muscular : Skeletal : Circulation : Reproductive
- How pregnancy brings about change to each system
- The stages of pregnancy
- Foetal development
- Common conditions during pregnancy
As soon as you have booked onto the course you will be given your log-in details for the on-line module. Once completed there is a self-assessment section for you to complete at the end of the module. It is a requirement to study the on-line anatomy and physiology section and pass the test prior to attending the practical weekend. This will equip you to fully benefit from the practical weekend.
Practical Days : – The attended course will be fully dedicated to the practical aspects of pregnancy reflexology.
We will cover the following:
- Benefits of reflexology in pregnancy
- Safety considerations
- In-depth knowledge and treatment plan for common conditions of pregnancy
- Pre-labour techniques to show mother and partner
- Review stages of pregnancy
- Reflexology to suit stages of pregnancy
- Understanding process of labour
- Application of reflexology techniques – suggestion of a routine
- Priming for Labour techniques – including for labour
- Endocrine Balance techniques
- Endocrine Balance Hand Reflexology Video techniques link
- Understanding of the post-natal period (6 weeks or community midwife discharge)
- Pregnancy Consultations/Therapeutic relationship
- Meditations for use with pregnant clients
- After Care advice
- Suggested further reading
- 15 years’ experience from your tutor working in this field
Who Can Attend?
Open to qualified reflexologists
Recognition by Professional Associations
Validated by IPTI – (Independent Professional Therapists International) and widely accepted by most Professional Bodies
The course will be largely practical in content and you will be required to wear appropriate clinic workwear for the duration of the course. During the practical session you will practise on each other under the supervision of the tutor who will offer guidance and feedback. Where possible pregnant ladies may also be present for you to practice on.
Duration: 2 days
Course fees include:
~ All class tuition
~ A comprehensive course manual
~ An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
~ 10 cpd points
Course DatesPlease note - all deposits and course fees are non-refundable.
All transfers are at the discretion of the school and would be subject to an administrative charge of £25.00 (+VAT)
February 2021 - Weekend - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £185.00 (+VAT)