Baby reflexology is a gentle form of reflexology adapted especially for babies, from one-month old to walking age. Babies love to have their hands and feet played with and it often makes them giggle and wriggle. It is also a natural action to take hold of a baby’s feet and play with toes, run fingers down the arch of the foot and to take hold of irresistible tiny fingers and hands!
Through touch, babies learn the comfort and security of being loved. Furthermore, research has shown that stimulation through touch will assist in promoting growth and development and the physical act of reflexology increases blood flow, energy flow and strengthens the immune system.
Benefits of reflexology for babies
There are endless benefits for babies receiving reflexology and it is suitable for newborn, right through childhood and into adulthood. With knowledge of direct reflex points, associated reflex points and craniosacral balancing through the feet we can be more precise with our application to help with conditions such as colic and disturbed sleep patterns. Firtsly, by working on the digestive reflexes, we can help to relieve constipation and diarrhoea; secondly, on the solar plexus reflex can promote sleep and relaxation; finally,on the chest, diaphragm, lymph, sinus and associated reflex points we can help relieve colds and respiratory ailments.
Of course, a baby does not need to be out of sorts to receive reflexology, it can be a very beneficial therapy to receive on a regular basis to stimulate growth and development, help maintain good health and strengthen the immune system.
As a Certified Baby Reflexology Instructor, you will be able to introduce parents and carers to the joy of light touch baby reflexology and also lead them step by step through the suitable ‘routine’. You will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to run both groups and one-to-one sessions enabling parents or carers to give reflexology to their baby confidently and safely.
By introducing this practice into your portfolio, you will rapidly open up new areas of business. Moreover, this will result in a new group of clients, many of whom will come to you for other treatments. Your business will soon grow.
This course involves both practical and theoretical work in the following areas.
~ Reflexology Techniques For Babies
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology for babies
- Baby development
- Benefits of baby reflexology – i.e. for the parents and the baby
- Setting up for baby reflexology – safe environment
- Baby positioning
- Adapting your reflexology skills for babies
- Reflexology techniques for common conditions affecting babies
- Sensing and balancing the craniosacral flow
- Communication and considerations
- Contraindications and cautions
~ Assessing The Needs Of The Parent/Carer And Baby
- Effective communication and consultation skills
- Full assessment of relevant physical and emotional background
- Clients’ expectation and goals
- Accommodating clients with special needs e.g. partially sighted/blind
- Parents’ right to choose
~ Teaching Skills
- Presentation vs. teaching
- Communication and teaching skills
- Lesson planning
- One-to-one and group facilitation
~ Business Skills
- Marketing – identifying client base
- Selecting a suitable venue
There are no exams or case studies for this qualification.
In order to qualify in the above certificate you will be required to:
- Demonstrate the ability to run a Baby Reflexology Workshop during day 2 of the course.
- Deliver a 5-10 minute Microteach session during day 2
- Complete and write up a Baby Reflexology Workshop following the course
Who Can Attend?
This course is designed as an advanced workshop reflexology course open to qualified Reflexologists.
Recognition by Professional Associations
Widely accepted by most Professional Bodies. If you are not already registered with a Professional Body and would like to do so here are some useful links – APNT , CtHA, FHT. For stand alone insurance Balens
The workshop will be largely practical in content and you will be required to wear appropriate clinic workwear for the duration of the course. During the session you will practise with babies and parents under the supervision of the tutor who will offer guidance and feedback.
(Special Offer -Reflexologists who have already attended our one-day Reflexology Techniques for Babies workshop are welcome to join the course for 50% of the course fee)
Duration: 2 days
Course fees include the following:
- All class tuition
- A comprehensive course manual
- An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
- 5 cpd points
Exam Fees: – £50.00 (+VAT)
Payable prior to course commencement.
- Practical assessment
- Marking of workshop write-up
- Issue of certificate
If you do not wish to become an instructor but are interested in Reflexology for Babies then you may also find the following workshop very beneficial:
Course DatesPlease note - all deposits and course fees are non-refundable.
All transfers are at the discretion of the school and would be subject to an administrative charge of £25.00
If the course is full and you would like to join the waiting list please either send us an email at email@example.com or book on-line without payment
December 2021 - Weekend - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £235.00 (+VAT)