Cranio-Sacral Therapy is a gentle, non-invasive form of treatment using extremely light touch with calm quiet presence. The Craniosacral system and its motion is subtle and the therapy involves light holding of the skull and sacrum and barely detectable movements resulting in powerful and profound effects.
During the workshop we will be looking at how we can integrate basic techniques into our treatments and see the body as an integrated whole. Fascia connects us from head to toe and loss of mobility in one area or a torque in a part of the body will affect the whole. By holding the head and sensing and balancing the craniosacral rhythm of the body, we can reach any part of the body, feeling for tension and imbalance in the process.
We will start by examining what is cerebrospinal fluid and how does it flow through the body? What is its function and why is it a vital part of our existence? What happens when the flow is out of rhythm or is interrupted?
You will learn how to palpate and sense from the head and from the feet and feel the flow from head-to-tail.
The techniques you will learn will enable you to achieve a balance at the end of a massage or reflexology session through therapeutic touch. Because it is so gentle and non-invasive, Craniosacral techniques are suitable for everyone from newborns to the elderly. Popular with osteopaths and chiropractors these gentle techniques are a wonderful addition to your therapeutic tool box.
We will cover the following topics:
- The history and development of craniosacral therapy and the founding people
- The physical components of the craniosacral system.
- How the craniosacral system influences the body.
- How imbalances in other body systems structure and function can influence the craniosacral system
- How the craniosacral system affects the growth and development of the brain and spinal cord
- How we detect the craniosacral rhythm in the body – the flexion phase and the extension phase
- What happens to the body when craniosacral flow is sluggish / interrupted
- Anatomy of the skull – it moves! – and spine
- Practical Techniques:
- Palpation and sensing techniques
- Basic balancing techniques
- Sensing the craniosacral flow – feel it on yourself and others
- Sensing technique exercises
- Working on each other – how does it feel as therapists and as client
- Hands on session – experience feeling the craniosacral rhythm with an occipital hold, a foot hold and an occiput-sacrum hold
- Simple techniques to use at the end of your session to achieve a sense of balance for client and you
- Feeling for emotional/energy blockages in the body
- Feeling the craniosacral flow on the feet using the spinal reflexology points
Join us for this day of practical interactive exercises and techniques and take your therapies to another level.
Who can attend?
Open to bodywork therapists.
Recognition by Professional Associations
Validated by IPTI – (Independent Professional Therapists International) and widely accepted by most Professional Bodies
The workshop will be largely practical in content and you will be required to wear appropriate clinic workwear for the duration of the course. During the session you will practise on each other under the supervision of the tutor who will offer guidance and feedback.
Duration: 1 day
Course fees include:
~ All class tuition
~ A comprehensive course manual
~ An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
~ 5 cpd points
Course DatesPlease note - all deposits and course fees are non-refundable.
All transfers are at the discretion of the school and would be subject to an administrative charge of £25.00 (+VAT)
January 2020 - Saturday - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £95.00 (+VAT)
June 2020 - Thursday - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £95.00 (+VAT)