Balms are truly versatile and so easy to use! A good balm can be used as a lip protector, dry skin barrier, nappy rush soother, brow tamer, frizz fixer, cuticle softener and a cracked heal rescuer! A bit of a knight in shining armour, there should be one in every handbag! 😉
Balms are also fun to make! But which recipe should we go for? If you have ever tried to follow one of the online recipes you might have been lucky or it could have been a disaster. We get asked all the time ‘Why did my balm end up with that gritty texture?’, ‘How do we make it glossier?’, ‘And how do we make it vegan…? I’ve tried and it was very hard!’ It’s time to get it all sorted and for all the questions to be answered.
Join us for this informative hands-on half-day workshop and leave with a foolproof recipe and a handmade sample of a vegan multipurpose balm!
We will cover:
- What are balms
- Popular ingredients used in balms – what to choose and why and what to avoid
- How to transform a non-vegan recipe into a vegan one
- How to make a good balm:
– professional cosmetic ingredients
– method of preparation
– equipment required
- Shelf life of balms – do I need a ‘preservative’?
- The SPF question
- Hands on: Multipurpose Balm recipe and preparation
Who Can Attend?
Duration – 3 hours
Course fees include:
- All class tuition
- All ingredients used in class
Plus you will take home with you
- An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
- 3 cpd points
- jar of multi-purpose balm
Course DatesPlease note - all deposits and course fees are non-refundable.
All transfers are at the discretion of the school and would be subject to an administrative charge of £25.00
If the course is full and you would like to join the waiting list please either send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or book on-line without payment
April 2021 - Sunday - 2pm - 5pm
Cost: £50.00 (+VAT)
October 2021 - Sunday - 2pm - 5pm
Cost: £50.00 (+VAT)