Aloe Vera has been used in cosmetics for as long as we can remember. It is one of those timeless cosmetic ingredients popularity of which does not seem to wane. Used for burns and itchy skin conditions, helpful for acne and psoriasis, the applications for Aloe Vera gel seem endless.
There are many Aloe Vera gels available on the market but sadly, just one look at the list of ingredients will make many of us shudder… carbomers, synthetic colours, harsh preservatives and more, can all be found in what could be a very simple product. No wonder that so many try to make their own!
There are endless DIY recipes on-line but how do we know what is a ‘good’ recipe and what is simply ‘wrong’? Worryingly, the World Wide Web is full of incorrect/misleading/confused information, so let’s learn how to make (and preserve) your very own, pure and natural, Aloe Vera Gel!
We will cover:
- How to safely use Aloe Vera plant for home emergencies
- Benefits and applications of Aloe Vera Gel – what research tells us
- Aloe Vera’s skin benefits are well known but are there any negative effects?
- Ingredients to avoid in high street Aloe Vera Gels
- Aloe Vera Gel – how to make it correctly:
– professional cosmetic ingredients (aloe vera extracts, gelling agents, etc.)
– method of preparation
– equipment required
- Do I need to preserve my gel? How to preserve Aloe Vera gel using natural preservative
- Hands on: Aloe Vera Gel – Recipe and Preparation
At the end of this half day workshop you will leave with a jar of handmade Aloe Vera gel and you will be able to make even more at home! 🙂
Who Can Attend?
Duration – 3 hours
Course fees include:
- All class tuition
- All ingredients used in class
Plus you will take home with you
- An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
- 3 cpd points
- jar of handmade Aloe Vera gel
Course DatesPlease note - all deposits and course fees are non-refundable.
All transfers are at the discretion of the school and would be subject to an administrative charge of £25.00 (+VAT)
September 2020 - Sunday - 10am - 1pm
Cost: £50.00 (+VAT)
June 2021 - Sunday - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £50.00 (+VAT)