Handmade Herbal Products for Common Skin Concerns
The skin is the largest organ of elimination in the body. It offers protection from injury, provides a barrier from our external environment, and provides defence from pathogens and bacteria. The skin also maintains our intricate internal balance of minerals and tissue salts.
The skin can be predisposed to flare ups, breakouts, and rashes. Fortunately, there are many common skin ailments which herbal medicine can address.
Many herbs hold therapeutic advantages for your skin and these are commonly used in skincare. Some of their benefits include the look of radiant and healthy skin. When you apply them to the face, the antibacterial properties may support the symptoms of acne and repair skin tissues that have been damaged by the sun and other outside elements. The best herbs for skin care can help to improve the signs of aging and provide smooth skin.
The more you learn about these wonderful, nature-given ingredients, the more you’ll want to incorporate them into your own healing and restorative practices. That is the beauty and power of nature!
The course will focus on common skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, scarring and stretch marks, including the causes and symptoms behind them.
We will then cover top traditionally used herbs and solutions to support and soothe the skin. There will be a demonstration showing how to make a variety of simple topical solutions using these herbs and other natural ingredients, along with tips on how you can include these ingredients / products in your existing treatments for clients.
The day will end with a practical session where you have the opportunity to make a skin solution product for yourself.
During the course we will cover the following:
- Skin Science: in particular, symptoms and potential triggers behind common skin concerns such as
- Stretch marks
- Top 10 herbs and their actions which make them useful for skin conditions
- Topical ways these herbs can be used, and link the type / texture to the skin concern
- Introduction to incorporating these herbs / topical applications into treatments
- Recommending these herbs / topical applications to clients as part of their homecare
- Demonstrate how to blend a herbal product
- Demonstrate making
- a balm,
- herbal bath,
- some kitchen cupboard solutions
- Macerated oils
- Useful lifestyle and diet advice for these common concerns
- Making a skin solution product for yourself to take home
You will leave confident in using handmade herbal products for common skin concerns
Who Can Attend?
This one-day course is perfect for therapists who would like to further their knowledge of the skin, discover more about common skin concerns and learn how to make simple herbal products / remedies which can be used in treatments or recommended to clients.
Recognition by Professional Associations
Widely accepted by most Professional Bodies. If you are not already registered with a Professional Body and would like to do so here are some useful links – ICGT, CtHA, FHT. For stand-alone insurance Balens
Duration: 1 day – 10am-5pm
Tutor: Lisa Gwilliam – see our MSCM Tutor Page
Course fees include the following:
- All class tuition
- A comprehensive course manual
- All ingredients for use in class
- An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
- 5 cpd points
- Your own product to take home with you
You may also find the following courses/workshops very beneficial:
- Diploma in the Development of Organic Phyto-Skincare Cosmetics
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) for Small Cosmetic Making Business Made Simple
- The Art of Soap Making
- The Art of Candle Making
- Make Your Own Vegetarian Anti-ageing Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Make Your Own SLS and SLES Free Hand Soap/Bodywash/Shampoo
- Make Your Own Natural Air Freshener
- How to Correctly Make and Preserve Your Own Aloe Vera Gel
- How to Make a Natural and Pure Vegan Multipurpose Balm
To book a place on any of our courses please remember to create an account first (if you haven’t already got one.)
Create account here
If you already have an account please remember to log-in first
July 2022 - Saturday 2nd July - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £99.00 (+VAT)