Most therapists have a great deal of skill in the clinical and technical aspects of their chosen therapy however many have less confidence in understanding and working with subtle energies and have a fear of going beyond the physical.
Centuries of wisdom from Eastern philosophers have taught us that just as our bodies have a physical anatomy, we also have an “energy anatomy.” Disturbances within the energy fields in our body can have a negative effect on our overall health and trigger any number of adverse physical and emotional symptoms. An energy blockage can manifest itself in many forms, ranging from chronic or acute pain to emotional disruptions.
Practitioners learn different techniques within their specific therapy but common to all is the power of touch. Touch is the core ingredient of many therapies. It works on so many levels, physical and emotional. It conveys a sense of caring, an important component in the healing relationship. By developing your skills on this workshop you will also learn to use the gift of touch to influence the human energy system, specifically the energy field that surrounds the body, and the energy centres that control the flow from the energy field to the physical body.
Such is the power of touch that emotional release during bodywork is not unusual and is actually a natural and beneficial part of the cleansing, rejuvenating process of bodywork therapies. For many therapists dealing with a client’s emotional upset can be daunting – this workshop will give you techniques to use to help your client through the process.
Our goal as therapists is to ensure the client feels safe, supported, and honoured, and where emotional expression is viewed as normal and acceptable. We must know how to create a safe space and environment – wherever we are – whether it be a quiet dedicated treatment room, a client’s house, a busy exhibition, a busy workplace, a charity event or an outdoor event. We need to understand the effect that built up emotion can have on the body and learn to recognise and work with feelings and sensations that occur during treatments.
Experienced therapists also understand the importance of preparation before they work with clients, the need for self-protection at critical moments during a treatment, and how and when to detoxify after a particularly stressful session. It is vital to utilise techniques to help keep clients’ energies from entering our own energy systems as we work.
Developing all these skills allows us to grow as therapists, offer richer and more effective treatments and work with greater integrity.
~ The importance of touch
- Therapeutic touch
- Non-verbal communication
- Making contact with client before the first physical touch
~ Grounding and protection techniques
- How to help yourself to not absorb or hold on to your clients emotional and mental state, whilst remaining attentive and empathic
~ Breathing techniques
- The importance of our own balanced state when working with clients
- Learning to breathe and achieve relaxation
- How to encourage your client to use their breath throughout their day and particularly at time of need
~ Focus and intention
- Working with our client, staying in the moment
- Focusing on specific areas in the body whist holding the feet or shoulders
- Intention of touch
~ Listening and sensing
- Listening with your hands and fingers – sensing
- Listening to and interpreting what you feel
- Listening to your inner voice
- Listen to what the client isn’t saying
- Sensing the rhythms of the body
- Sensing balance and harmony in the body
- Sensing disharmony and blocked pathways
~ Understanding energy pathways and centres of the body
- Explaining the unseen
- Sensing the main chakras of the body and their importance
~ Understanding your own feelings and sensations when you are working – such as tiredness, emotions, tingling, heat, vibrations, seeing colour and even pain and discomfort during a treatment sessions
- Trusting your intuition
- Recognising your senses and developing intuition
- Why we feel the need to place our hands in a particular area
~ The importance of your working environment
- Creating a safe space – wherever you are
- Techniques for creating stillness – environment / focus / breath / letting go / visualisation / centring / using your voice
- Harmony within the environment
~ Understanding an emotional release in clients
- What an emotional release is
- How may it present
- Understanding the benefit to the client
- Techniques to use to help your client through the process and staying centred as a therapist and how to deal with it for yourself
Join us for this day of practical interactive exercises and techniques and take your therapies to another level.
Who Can Attend?
Open to therapists.
Recognition by Professional Associations
Validated by IPTI – (Independent Professional Therapists International) and widely accepted by most Professional Bodies
The workshop will be largely practical in content and you will be required to wear appropriate clinic workwear for the duration of the course. During the session you will practise on each other under the supervision of the tutor who will offer guidance and feedback.
Duration: 1 day
Course fees include:
~ All class tuition
~ A comprehensive course manual
~ An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
~ 5 cpd points
Course DatesPlease note - all deposits and course fees are non-refundable.
All transfers are at the discretion of the school and would be subject to an administrative charge of £25.00
If the course is full and you would like to join the waiting list please either send us an email at email@example.com or book on-line without payment
November 2021 - Saturday - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £95.00 (+VAT)