Perfumes touch our deepest emotions and must reflect our true spirit. A perfume should be as individual as the person who wears it and now, with Botanical Perfumery you have the opportunity to enjoy the luxury of creating your very own unique fragrance just like the famous fragrance houses!
Go back to nature and create unique blends far superior to the common synthetic products of our high streets.
This intensive Botanical Perfumery weekend course is a perfect opportunity to explore the fundamentals of professional perfume making. From the art of smelling and aroma assessment, through the language and techniques of the professionals – it is jam packed with various exercises and practical steps to lead you through a selection of the individual aromas and the process of structuring and building original perfumes – from concept to practice.
During the course we will explore and work with 20 different aromatic materials. You will also have a unique opportunity to smell some real attars and some rare perfumery ingredients to help you identify your favourites and build your ‘library’ of aromas.
Join us for an intensive ‘hands-on’ and ‘nose-on’ experience where we will cover:
- A drop of history of perfume and some historical recipes
- An inspirational glimpse into the world of rare traditional attars
- The art of smelling
- The language of a pro–aroma descriptors and the classification of fragrances
- Train your nose and your aroma-memory through the ancient Japanese ‘Genji Game’
- A journey through the perfumer’s cupboard – equipment and materials: Essential oils, absolutes and other extracts, natural isolates, choyas
- Evaluation worksheets and creative journal
- The principles of blending: notes aroma groups fixatives, equalizers, modifiers (personifiers), enhancers and extenders ratios vertical and horizontal trials and development of accords
- Basic and advanced composition techniques
- Dilutents – what to choose and how to use, including basic calculations
- Extrait, eau de Parfum, eau de Toilette, eau de Cologne or eau Fraiche?
- Safety and allergens
- Where to begin – aroma brief and the aroma requirements for different personalities – test yourself – are you a ‘woodsy’ or an ‘oriental floral’?
- Making liquid perfumes
- How to wear perfumes
During the course not only will you formulate and produce a bottle of your own aromatic creation but by the end of the course you will leave with a new skill set as well as a multitude of ideas to help you develop further.
Who Can Attend?
This two day hands-on botanical perfumery foundation course has been formulated for those with a genuine interest in perfumery – cosmetic or candle makers, aromatherapists or hobbyists. No previous experience is required but some knowledge of essential oils will be useful.
Recognition by Professional Associations
Widely accepted by most Professional Bodies. If you are not already registered with a Professional Body and would like to do so here are some useful links – ICGT, APNT , CtHA, FHT. For stand alone insurance Balens
This hands-on day is largely practical, thus allows sufficient time to practice techniques under the guidance of the tutor. During the course you will partner up with another therapist and will get the chance to perform the techniques taught as well as being the recipient. As a result you will benefit from understanding and experiencing how the technique should feel. Where possible pregnant ladies may also be present for you to practice on.
Duration: 2 days (10.00am-5.00pm)
Course fees include the following:
- All perfumery equipment and ingredients for use in class
- All class tuition
- A comprehensive course manual
- An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
- 10 cpd points
You may also find the following course of interest:
April 2021 - Weekend - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £195.00 (+VAT)
March 2022 - Weekend - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £195.00 (+VAT)