Facial Reflexology originated from a Vietnamese system of Facial acupressure developed in the 1980’s by doctors in Vietnam to replace more invasive facial acupunture.
This style of Facial Reflexology known as Dien ‘Cham’ was first introduced to France by Nhuan Le Quang. Sharing the same principles as Foot Reflexology that areas on the face correspond to specific areas of the body, it is a gentle method of stimulation of 57 Facial acupressure points and associated reflexology zones.
Facial Reflexology is a wonderful energy rebalancing therapy that engages with the natural healing processes within the body. Clients will experience profound states of relaxation from this gentle and soothing treatment. Careful palpation and stimulation of the plentiful supply of nerves and blood vessels within the facial muscles and soft tissue not only re-energises and increases circulation but also has the added bonus of leaving the face looking smoother, more toned and radiant.
Facial Reflexology is versatile as it can be given anywhere. Clients remain fully clothed throughout the treatment, which can be carried out using a couch or a chair.
During the course we will cover:
- History of Vietnamese techniques
- Concept and Micro-system theory – the face is a micro-map of the body – by working on a particular point of the micro-map on the face, you can affect the corresponding part of the body. In the same way as hand or foot reflexology
- Introduction to reflex zones and points on the face – the body, internal organs, the spine, the joints
- Meridians and tsubo points
- Introduction to Marma points
- Using the fingers and thumbs to simulate points
- Stimulation techniques
- Massage techniques
- Point location, association and stimulation
- How to choose which points to use
- Sequences for specific conditions
- Review of the nervous system and cranial nerves
- Contraindications and considerations
Upon completion you will enhance your practice by being be able to offer clients an alternative to foot reflexology or a mixed treatment. It will help you attract new clients and offer another effective therapy. This treatment can be used as a stand-alone therapy, or as an additional set of tools and techniques.
Please be advised this workshop is not based on the teachings of Face Reflexology Sorensensistem™ or `The Bergman Method` Facial Reflexology.
Who Can Attend?
This one-day workshop is designed as an advanced workshop open to qualified Reflexologists, Indian Head Massage Therapists and Massage Therapists.
Recognition by Professional Associations
Validated by IPTI – (Independent Professional Therapists International) and widely accepted by most Professional Bodies
Please note: The workshop will be largely practical in content and students will be required to wear appropriate workwear for the duration of the course.
Duration: 1 day
Course fees include:
~ All class tuition
~ A comprehensive course manual
~ An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
~ 5 cpd points
Course DatesPlease note - all deposits and course fees are non-refundable.
All transfers are at the discretion of the school and would be subject to an administrative charge of £25.00 (+VAT)
June 2019 - Saturday 10am - 5pm
Cost: £95.00 (+VAT)
September 2019 - Saturday 10am - 5pm
Cost: £95.00 (+VAT)