Auricular reflexology is a fast-growing therapy. based on a combination of traditional Chinese Acupuncture and Auriculotherapy. (Auriculotherapy is a therapy developed in France by Dr Paul Nogier in the 1950’s.) Auricular reflexology is nothing new. For example, you can see records of treatments on the ears in the earliest Chinese medical books dating back to ancient times.
Auricular Reflexology is the stimulation of the external part of the ear. The whole body is mirrored on the ear. Stimulation to a specific point on the ear that corresponds to a specific point in the body, will bring balance to that area either through an increase or decrease of energy. Numerous nerves supply the ear. As a result, Auricular Reflexology techniques directly stimulate the central nervous system.
There are over 200 acu-points on the ear. Chinese Acupuncture uses all of these points. In Auricular Reflexology we use a selection of these and instead of using needles, seeds or magnets, we stimulate the points using finger and thumb pressure.
Auricular reflexology is not as well-known as foot or hand reflexology, but can be particularly helpful for the relief and management of pain. Application of auricular reflexology is fast and easy. You massage pressure points on the ear to treat aches and pains throughout the body.
Auricular Reflexology is a standalone therapy. You can also incorporate it into a regular foot/hand reflexology session. It is a simple and extremely efficient therapy, primarily because the ears are easily accessible, and people do not have to remove any clothing to receive treatment. It can be used in all age groups (children to the elderly). Treatment is most beneficial when it is administered regularly, i.e. once or twice a week. Most clients find that having their ears worked is deeply relaxing and stimulating at the same time.
Furthermore, it is a rewarding and effective therapy that enables you to empower your clients to help themselves. You can learn a lot about a person and their state of health from assessing the ears.
The MSCM Auricular Reflexology workshop covers everything you need to know to be able to give an effective ear reflexology session including.
Topics covered during the workshop will include:
- History and Development of Auricular Reflexology
- Eastern vs Western Approaches to Healing
- The basics of Traditional Chinese Medicine – Meridians, Yin & Yang
- Relevant Anatomy and Physiology of the external ear
- Introduction to the auricular reflexology chart, specifically, the body on the ear
- Key Points by Health Problems
- Visual Assessment and Analysis
- Introduction to techniques used to stimulate reflexes of the ears
- Techniques – Application and Precautions, as well as using fingers, thumbs and crystal points
- Auricular Relaxation Techniques
- Self-Treatment with Auricular Reflexology
- Full Treatment
- Common conditions and how we can help
- Combining Ear Reflexology with Hand or Foot Reflexology
- Contraindications & Cautions
- Code of Practice & Insurance
By attending this workshop, you will be adding this valuable tool to your toolkit!
Who Can Attend?
Open to qualified Reflexologists.
Recognition by Professional Associations
Widely accepted by most Professional Bodies. If you are not already registered with a Professional Body and would like to do so here are some useful links – ICGT, APNT , CtHA, FHT. For stand alone insurance Balens
The workshop will be largely practical in content and as a result, you will need appropriate clinic workwear for the duration of the course. This is very much a hands-on day allowing sufficient time to practice and perform the techniques under the guidance of the tutor. During the course you will partner up with another therapist and will get the chance to perform the techniques taught as well as being the recipient. This is because understanding what the technique should feel like is an invaluable tool for you as a therapist.
Duration: 1 day
Course fees include the following:
- All class tuition
- A comprehensive course manual
- An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
- 5 cpd points
You may also find the following workshop very beneficial: