Aromatherapy in Cancer Care is a wonderful addition to your skillset as an aromatherapist. This workshop is a must for all aromatherapists working with cancer patients! It will demonstrate – based on a variety of research – the most up to date findings relating to the role of aromatherapy and essential oils in both – cancer prevention and cancer care.
The use of Complementary Therapies for clients suffering from Cancer is becoming more and more the norm than the exception. With current epidemiology suggesting that 4 in 10 people will experience cancer during their lifetime and the number of newly diagnosed cases in adults over the age of 50 doubling every decade, more and more therapists will work with clients who have, or have recovered from cancer.
We do know that aromatherapy can improve the quality of life of a cancer sufferer –and helping reduce the side effects of cancer treatments as well as offering emotional support. However, did you know that research shows that some patients treated with essential oils alongside allopathic treatment have a dramatically improved prognosis?
Some essential oils also show very promising selective cancer cells elimination properties – something that no chemotherapy can do as yet!
We will discuss all possible aspects of aromatherapy for cancer care – from the simplest and seemingly obvious to completely new and revolutionary solutions!
As a Complementary Practitioner, it is vital to be fully educated and trained before working on anyone who has cancer.
During the course you will cover the following topics:
- Common and unusual essential oils specifically useful for cancer care – what and why – what is a must for our aromatic onco-tool box…?
- Essential oils and chemotherapy – what, when and how to use
- Essential oils and radiation – what, when and how to use
- Cancer care and infectious diseases
- Design methods and recipes for cancer care related problems – hand-foot syndrome, oedema, neurotoxicity, hematologic toxicity, loss of appetite, skin problems, alopecia, wounds and burns, sores and ulcers (inc. mouth cavity), nausea, fatigue, etc.
- Essential oils and Interferon
- Essential oils and pain and comfort care
Who Can Attend?
Open to qualified Aromatherapists.
Recognition by Professional Associations
Widely accepted by most Professional Bodies. If you are not already registered with a Professional Body and would like to do so here are some useful links – ICGT, CtHA, FHT. For stand alone insurance Balens
The workshop will be largely practical in content. As a result, you will need appropriate clinic workwear for the duration of the course.
Duration: 1 day
Course fees include the following:
- All class tuition
- A comprehensive course manual
- An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
- 5 cpd points
PLEASE NOTE: If you are an aromatherapist who uses massage as the primary application, we strongly advise that you consider completing the Oncology Massage Practitioner Diploma as the Aromatherapy in Cancer Care workshop focuses purely on essential oils and not on massage adaptation.
You may also be interested in the following workshops:-
- Aromatherapy Botany Field Trip to Kew Gardens
- Aromatherapy for Headaches, Migraines and Sinusitis
- Aromatherapy for Arthritis and Rheumatic Conditions
- Aromatherapy for Pain Management
- Aromatherapy for Respiratory and Infectious Diseases
Tutor: Margaret Karlinski – see our MSCM Tutor Page
To book a place on any of our courses please remember to create an account first (if you haven’t already got one.)
Create account here
If you already have an account please remember to log-in first
June 2023 - Saturday 10th June - 10am - 5pm
Cost: £97.50 (+VAT)