Everyone experiences a headache at some time or another, but for many people, headaches are an unending and incapacitating problem. Headache, one of the most common complaints, is a symptom rather than a disorder in itself; it accompanies many diseases and conditions, including emotional distress.
Most headaches are caused by vasodilation of blood vessels in tissues surrounding the brain, or from tension in the neck and scalp muscles. But not only! Headaches can be associated with allergy, digestive problems and other issues.
There are many different types of headaches – tension headaches, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, cluster headaches, organic headaches… – and differentiating them is also a bit of a `headache`. Many are accompanied by nausea and other symptoms.
Essential Oils are not the remedies that first spring to mind for most headache sufferers but aromatherapy really comes into its own when treating headaches. A good understanding of different types of headaches is essential and diagnosis is often difficult. For many sufferers painkillers are a necessity but luckily we can help – with the right approach and a good selection of essential oils, of course!
This workshop is designed to help you gain a better understanding of headaches and how to deal with them effectively in order for you to be able to offer this service to your clients
During this beneficial workshop we will:
- Examine different types of headaches, their causes and presenting conditions
- Discuss the suitability of different methods of application
- Understand which essential oils to choose and why Consider safety considerations
- We will also mention what other avenues of complementary treatment should be explored.
Aromatherapy is the ideal natural therapy for those who would prefer to avoid commonly prescribed headache medications and yet surprisingly it is an area very few aromatherapists specialise in.
Who Can Attend?
This course is open to anyone with an interest in aromatherapy. Would be ideal for aromatherapists wishing to expand their knowledge and develop their skills and expertise.
Recognition by Professional Associations:
Widely accepted by most Professional Bodies. If you are not already registered with a Professional Body and would like to do so here are some useful links – ICGT, APNT , CtHA, FHT. For stand alone insurance Balens
Duration – 3 hours
Course fees include the following:
- All class tuition
- A comprehensive course manual
- An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
- 3 cpd points
You may also be interested in the following workshops:-
- Aromatherapy in Cancer Care
- Aromatherapy Botany Field Trip to Kew Gardens
- Aromatherapy for Arthritis and Rheumatic Conditions
- Aromatherapy for Pain Management
- Aromatherapy for Respiratory and Infectious Diseases
December 2021 - Sunday - 5th December - 10am - 1pm
Cost: £50.00 (+VAT)
December 2022 - Sunday 11th December 2022 - 10am - 1pm
Cost: £50.00 (+VAT)