Aromatherapy Botany Field Trip to Kew Gardens – one of the highlights of our aromatic year!
Botany is defined as the scientific study of plants. That is, in basic terms, understanding how a plant is structured and its ecological relationship to both the environment as well as its interactions with other plants and organisms.
Botany is a broad, and complicated, area of study. However, having a basic knowledge of botany can help greatly with understanding the study of aromatherapy.
We will spend the day at the wonderful Kew Gardens where you will have an opportunity to see and touch the real herbs. As a result, you will benefit from first-hand experience of the aromatic plants in a natural environment.
The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew is one of the world`s leading botanic gardens. During the day you will benefit from a number of carefully planned practical exercises (for essential oils and fixed oils) which will include:
- Botanical families and oils of the various climatic zones and continents.
- ‘Around the world trip’ through different parts of Kew – in search of common and uncommon
- Origins of relevant essential oils, including not only the geographical (country) but also climatic zones and regions
- Physical characteristics of relevant botanical families
- Recognising the botanical families, mono- and di-cotyledons
- Meeting plants up and close – through the magnifying glass
- A chance to take your own photos of plants for your essential oils bible/file
- The endangered species of the aromatherapy world
- Lunch at the Orangery or picnic (bring/buy your own)
- Q &A and stretching legs with all-important tea and a ‘compulsory’ cake 😉
This unique and fascinating course is a ‘must’ for any serious aromatherapist. This is the course where often the penny drops! There is nothing as powerful as seeing the oils in their natural state, This transition from textbook aromatherapy to the ‘real thing’ is when it all starts to make sense.
Who Can Attend?
Open to qualified and student aromatherapists
Recognition by Professional Associations
Widely accepted by most Professional Bodies. If you are not already registered with a Professional Body and would like to do so here are some useful links – ICGT, CtHA, FHT. For stand alone insurance Balens
Course fees include the following:
- All class tuition
- A comprehensive course manual
- An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
- 5 cpd points
- Entrance to Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew
You may also find the following workshop very beneficial:
- Aromatherapy in Cancer Care
- Aromatherapy for Headaches, Migraines and Sinusitis
- Aromatherapy for Arthritis and Rheumatic Conditions
- Aromatherapy for Pain Management
- Aromatherapy for Respiratory and Infectious Diseases
Tutor: Margaret Karlinski – see our MSCM Tutor Page
To book a place on any of our courses please remember to create an account first (if you haven’t already got one.)
Create account here
If you already have an account please remember to log-in first