Botany is defined as the scientific study of plants; that is, in basic terms, understanding how a plant is structured and its ecological relationship to both the environment and its interactions with other plants and organisms. Botany is a broad, and complicated, area of study, yet having a basic knowledge of botany can help greatly with understanding the study of aromatherapy.
We will spend the day at the wonderful Kew Gardens where you will have an opportunity to see and touch the real herbs, allowing you to have a first-hand experience of the aromatic plants in a natural environment.
The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew is one of the world`s leading botanic gardens and during the day you will benefit from a number of carefully planned practical exercises (for essential oils and fixed oils) which will include:
- Botanical families and oils of the various climatic zones and continents – ‘around the world trip’ through different parts of Kew – in search of common and uncommon
- The climatic zones, regions and geographical (country) origins of relevant essential oils
- Physical characteristics of relevant botanical families
- Recognising the botanical families, mono- and di-cotyledons
- Meeting plants up and close – Through the magnifying glass
- A chance to take your own photos of plants for your essential oils bible/file
- The endangered species of the aromatherapy world
- Lunch at the Orangery or picnic (bring/buy your own)
- Q &A and stretching legs with all-important tea and a ‘compulsory’ cake 😉
This unique and fascinating course is a ‘must’ for any serious aromatherapist. This is the course where often the penny drops! There is nothing as powerful as seeing the oils in their natural state – this transition from textbook aromatherapy to the ‘real thing’ is when it all starts to make sense.
Who Can Attend?
Open to qualified and student aromatherapists
Recognition by Professional Associations
Validated by IPTI – (Independent Professional Therapists International) and widely accepted by most Professional Bodies
Duration: 1 day
Course Fee Includes:
~ All tuition
~ A comprehensive course manual
~ An MSCM Certificate of Attendance for your professional portfolio
~ 5 cpd points
~ Entrance to Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew
Course DatesPlease note - all deposits and course fees are non-refundable.
All transfers are at the discretion of the school and would be subject to an administrative charge of £25.00 (+VAT)
May 2021 - Saturday ~ 10am - 5pm
Cost: £95.00 (+VAT)