Course Type Business Development Workshops
Workshops to help therapists succeed
Validated by IPTI - (Independent Professional Therapists International)
5 cpd points
There are many massage therapists and reflexologists who are brilliant at what they do, but are just petrified when it comes to marketing themselves. Are you one of them?
Imagine what it would be like to overcome your fears and negative attitudes about marketing and self-promotion. How would it feel to proudly promote your knowledge and services? How would it feel to get the clients you want to work with who are both willing and able to pay you what you are worth?
The great news is that marketing your therapy practice is not that difficult. In fact it can be a lot of fun. You just need to do it and do it on a regular basis.
What will this masterclass do for you?
- Guide you through the mysteries of marketing & promotion
- Help you to look at what you can do to help yourself
- Build your self-confidence
- Give you lots of new ideas
- Inspire you to try out some ideas and enjoy the success
- Dispel your fears
- Encourage you to be clear about your needs
- Help you to formulate a vision for yourself and your business, including establishing goals for your future.
- Ensure your career plans match your life plan
- Enable you to get more clients
- Show you how to present yourself, stand out of the crowd and create lasting impressions
- Help you to send messages that hit the right chord with clients
- Suggest how to generate more business from existing clients
- Enable you to keep yourself motivated
- Show you how to network effectively and create successful strategic alliances
- An essential ingredient of running any successful business is marketing. Marketing helps communicate to potential customers that you and your service exists. Without effective marketing you will not survive in business very long.
An essential ingredient of running any successful business is marketing. Marketing helps communicate to potential customers that you and your service exists. Without effective marketing you will not survive in business very long.
A thriving, growing, happy business is much more helpful in a healing environment, than a struggling, unhappy one!
Who Can Attend?
Anyone who wants to succeed as a self-employed practitioner
- Student therapists
- Newly qualified therapists
- Experienced therapists
Recognition by Professional Associations:
Validated by IPTI – (Independent Professional Therapists International) and widely accepted by most Professional Bodies
Duration – 1 day
Course fees include:
- All class tuition
- A comprehensive course manual
- An MSCM Certificate of attendance for your professional portfolio
- 5 cpd points
(Sunday) 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
An MSCM Marketing Monkeys Workshop
By creating an on-line presence and becoming active with social media, as a complementary practitioner you can reenergize and sustain your business. You may be accustomed to getting referrals from friends, by personal “off-line” social networking, advertising or otherwise by word-of-mouth. While potential clients still come from these “traditional” sources, many now research the internet for a therapist, or, at a minimum, go on-line to check out a therapist to whom they were recommended. There is a real danger that without an on-line presence, you will struggle to develop or sustain your practice.
There are a number of major concerns that inhibit therapists from promoting their practice on the web. The first is feeling technologically challenged and intimidated. While most therapists are up-to-date on emailing, they often do not know where to start with Social Media. And yet, social media marketing doesn’t have to be difficult; you can even use tools to help manage content, schedule posts and more. By using the right social sites the right way, and for the right reasons, practices can benefit significantly from this marketing tactic.
Join us to learn how to get the most out of your social media presence.
During the session we will cover the following:
Understand why your practice needs social media
How to use social media to market your therapy practice
- Learn how to separate the personal and professional
- Be Aware Of The Ethical Considerations
- Define Your Niche in Social Media
- Share Your Passion
- Post, and Post Effectively
Knowing which social sites to use
- and others
As a therapist, your social media presence may not seem important, but it certainly should be. Just having a professional webpage isn’t enough anymore. If you aren’t taking advantage of all that social media has to offer, then you are missing out when it comes to drawing in new clients.
Who Can Attend?
This workshop is open to anyone but is aimed at qualified therapists or those about to qualify who want to learn how to use Social Media to market their business.
(Tuesday) 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Do you know your hash tags from your friend tags?
What’s the story with stories?
Are you following us so far?
Ok… so we’re using language which is used daily with the main Instagram app right now to get your business noticed.
Instagram has launched a million careers for people plucked from obscurity and made millionaires out of people who perhaps do obscure things (no judgement here). Instagram is a wonderfully positive and supportive community brimming with anyone from Yoga Teachers to Instagram Influencers or perhaps even both.
Instagram is ideal for anyone wanting to market and promote their Wellness practice or business. Unlike other social networking platforms Instagram is very mindful of overwhelm and your stories or posts disappear over a short period of time.
They have cleverly capitalised on our scroll up habits and have created such success even Facebook now owns it!
Even if Social Media isn’t ‘your thing’ it may not be wise to ignore it – after all it isn’t all about you….if your potential clients are using it you should have a presence. It doesn’t need to take over your life but it may bring you into other people’s lives – people you can help with your therapies! At least think about it and give it a go. It’s simple to do and it’s free!
Join us as we go right down to basics. Instagram is simple to use and sometimes all we need is someone to hold our hand as we get started.
- What is Instagram
- How does it work?
- How can it benefit you as a therapist?
- How to get started
- How to grow your following
- How to get referrals
Who Can Attend?
This 2-hour seminar is open to qualified therapists who have an interest in knowing more about using Instagram to promote themselves.
(Sunday) 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
In recent years there has been a huge growth in Mobile Massage Platforms, particularly in London and other big cities. In simple terms they act as an agency providing therapists directly to customers. Whilst it is not for everyone – the rewards for some therapists are substantial and it is certainly an appealing prospect for many.
Why would you work for a Mobile Platform?
Perhaps you haven’t been qualified very long and haven’t had the opportunity to build up your practice. Maybe you are struggling with marketing and haven’t had much success finding regular repeat booking clients. Or maybe you are a therapist who is looking to increase your revenue. Whatever your situation, working for one of the Mobile Platforms may be a great solution.
If you are considering applying then you would truly benefit from this seminar. Esther has worked in this field for many years and has been contracted to several platforms. She understands how to make it work for you – she also understands the pitfalls and can advise how to avoid them. She will share with you all you need to know to survive in the NEW and faster paced mobile massage industry.
The Seminar aims to help you with this and will cover the following:
- Understand how mobile massage has changed drastically and how you can capitalise on it.
- Learn the benefits of working for yourself in the mobile app world and how to keep up to make a good income.
- Learn the best way to contact the Mobile Massage companies /get recruited
- Discussion of available platforms
- Average pay of each app platform and how to earn £1000 per week profit with clever platform hacking.
- Discover all the necessary kit needed to get started in the app massage arena
- Learn how to maximise your time whilst waiting for bookings to come through.
- Every app and supplier you’ll ever need to make mobile massage work for you.
- Understanding the pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Learn how to adapt and make your certification work for you.
If this is an area of revenue that appeals to you then this seminar just for you. Discover some tips for breaking into this lucrative field and learn how to avoid the pitfalls.
Who Can Attend?
This 2 hour seminar is open to qualified therapists who have an interest in working in the Mobile Platform world.
(Sunday) 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
An MSCM Marketing Monkeys Workshop
Whether it’s for a webpage, email newsletter, blog post or brochure, writing is important. It’s a huge key to connecting with people. The same people who hopefully will book appointments with you and tell their friends and family about you. Your words paint a picture of who you are and what you offer. Sometimes it is the only opportunity you have to share your story.
Effective writing is both an art and a science. It’s an art because it requires creativity, a sense of beauty and style — a certain aptitude, mastery and special knowledge. Writing effective copy is also a science, because there are proven methods that have tried and tested many times over.
For a lot of us, the thought of writing of any sort makes us nervous. We’d much rather spend time on client care or folding yet another basket of laundry. Anything but writing!
Do any of these sound familiar?
- Don’t know where to start.
- Don’t know what to include.
- Feel overwhelmed by the task
- Feel uncomfortable about blowing my own trumpet!
- Feel that my writing lacks a little je-ne-sais-quoi?
The good news is it doesn’t have to be that way – with the right tips and guidelines we can fix all of those fears and concerns and help you on the way.
Join us for this beneficial workshop which will give you useful guidelines to help the words flow.
During the session we will cover:
- Identifying your blocks
- Connecting with your audience
- Focussing on the benefits
- The importance of transparency
- Integrity and Clarity
- The power of 3
- Choose your words with care (Words to avoid and words that work)
- Hypnotic Writing – How to seduce and persuade with only your words
- Power of Persuasion
We all have a story to tell, a story people want to hear…..sometimes you just need to tell it!
Who Can Attend
This workshop is open to anyone but is aimed at qualified therapists or those about to qualify who want to improve their written material to market their business.
(Thursday) 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm